Director of Operations Real Estate - Our Client is the expanding property investment and asset management arm of a much larger international group, which hold a substantial, high value portfolio. As a continued result of success and expansion, they now have created an additional opening for a Director - Operations of their Real Estate function.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Head of Operations, the role will include but is not limited to:
- Ensuring successful delivery of day to day operational aspects of the client's Real Estate funds and structures.
- Planning, developing and implementing operational strategies to meet the organisation's requirements and expectations for the global growth of the business.
- Ensuring effective operational platforms and processes are in place to support business areas and their operational activities, periodically reviewing to improve them.
- This will include establishing appropriate systems are in place for measuring operational management effectiveness.
- Ensuring that well controlled and documented operational processes exist within the organisation and in third parties to support all Real Estate funds.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of operational theory and development, providing interpretations to Directors and key stakeholders.
- Managing the end to end fund operating model and fund operations for real estate funds their associated structures, ensuring that:
- Operational processes are operating effectively, are documented, well controlled and are being delivered to an appropriate standard.
- Effective oversight and management of relationships with external service supporters establishing, monitoring and reporting on service level agreements.
- Oversight of business change activities and work in conjunction with the Head of Operations and other Board members in the formulation and delivery of strategic initiatives and business plan targets, ensuring:
- There is an agreed upon 'roadmap' of change projects that demonstrably link to the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The change process employed ensures efficient and effective delivery of projects.
- That there is sufficient project management MI to inform and enable appropriate decision making by the appropriate body including the Board.
- Manage RE operational projects from start to completion, including where appropriate the post implementation review.
- Lead Real Estate input on company's wide fund operations projects.
- Lead operational work streams in new product launches.
- Represent team RE Ops on group wide strategic projects as required.
- Act as Business Analyst resource on Real Estate Projects as required.
- Designing and implementing effective operational models and processes to support the development of the segregated mandate business, and the development of indirect business.
- Working with other key contributors and stakeholders to ensure property operational processes, systems, support, controls and capacity are in place to support and service all existing and new products/funds.
- Overseeing business change activities and work in conjunction with the Head of Operations and other board members in the formulation and delivery of strategic initiatives and business plan targets.
- Ensuring close working relationships and collaboration with wider operations teams including Information Systems, Business Change, Information Risk and Security, Premises, ensuring all business operational developments are appropriately coordinated and aligned within the wider group.
- Understanding the company's Sustainability vision and apply the sustainability strategy as appropriate.
- Providing timely completion of all regulatory training and declarations.
THE PERSON - To apply, you MUST have experience in enhancing operational processes and must have worked within Real Estate previously, ideally with Real Estate funds. It would be helpful if you held a professional finance / accounting qualification. The candidate should possess a proven track record of previous operational improvements, problem solving and possess excellent execution capabilities and have the ability to work to strict deadlines. Ideally, the candidate will have also worked on an international scale and comfortable working on a cross-border (geographic) basis. You should also possess ability to take decisions and make things happen at pace and be able to use diplomacy and be able to effectively communicate with demanding stakeholders and be able to establish operating mandates and bring them to life. Finally, you will be flexible, confident, committed, enthusiastic, diplomatic and unquestionably a team-player.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.
- Real Estate
- financial operations