The following job is no longer available:
Director of Operations and Finance
Director of Operations and Finance
Poole, Dorset (with flexibility to work from home a couple of days a week)
Our client is recruiting on behalf of an extraordinary organisation that provide outstanding palliative care to those living with cancer and life-limiting illness across Dorset.
As part of exciting new strategic plans, they are continuing to develop the organisation by opening a number of satellite centres throughout East Dorset and Purbeck to complement their existing Poole-based service.
To support their strategic and the achievement of their objectives, they are now looking for a Director of Operations and Finance to join them at this key time in their evolution.
- Salary of £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
- Benefits package including hybrid working
This is a rare chance for a high calibre finance professional with extensive operations experience and suitable qualifications to advance and take on further responsibility whilst delivering amazing services to people with life-limiting illnesses.
You’ll be making a real impact, driving change and ensuring the organisation is equipped to continue delivering their vital services into the future.
As the Director of Operations and Finance, you will be critical to the strategic direction, management and control of finances and all related operations and will work as a key member of the organisation’s Executive Team.
You will lead the Operations and Finance teams, delivering process, financial controls and vision and ensuring legal compliance with all activities, with particular focus on the long-term viability of the charity.
Delivering all aspects of financial management, you will oversee subsidiary company accounts for both the retail and lottery arms. You will also manage information technology as well as information governance, estates, contracts, audit and compliance, data protection and GDPR, and health and safety.
This is a varied and wide ranging role in which you will not only be enabled to increase and build upon your finance capabilities but also an array of other operational elements as well. You will be making a real impact to the organisation whilst developing your own portfolio and making a difference to people across Dorset.
To be considered as the Director of Operations and Finance, you will need:
- Significant experience of managing a team with at least three years’ experience in a senior operations or financial role
- Experience of working with a range of systems with a solid understanding of IT infrastructure, systems development and management, contracts and estates management, as well as a proven ability of working within data protection and GDPR guidelines
- An accountancy qualification at ACCA standard or equivalent experience
- A professional qualification in a related field
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritise a varied workload and to work effectively under pressure meeting strict deadlines
- The ability to delegate work effectively and work collaboratively with internal customers and stakeholders
- A strong level of IT proficiency, especially in Excel, with excellent attention to detail
- A diplomatic and tactful approach with effective general communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas with clarity to different audiences
- A proven track record of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff as well as external agencies
Ideally you will have previous experience of working in the charity or healthcare sectors. Previous work with audit procedures, project management, governance and risk management processes would also be beneficial. A degree level qualification would also be advantageous
Other organisations may call this role Head of Finance, Head of Operations, Financial Controller, Head of Finance & Operations, Finance Director, or Operations Director.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Director of Operations and Finance, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'