Director of Global Operations – based in Teddington, SW London. Salary – £60,000 to £70,000 per annum.
Are you an experienced senior operations professional, ready to take up the challenge of a key role within a highly respected and growing business? If you are committed to excellence and have the determination to champion best practice then join our client.
Our client is a leading International Music and Performance Arts awarding body, based in South West London. They operate in over 40 countries around the world organising, assessing and certificating 60,000 music and performing arts exams, and vocational qualifications annually. These are supported by over 100 syllabus books in print, both online and in hardcopy format.
Our client currently have a vacancy at our Teddington Head Office for a dynamic, results focused and ambitious Director of Global Operations to join their growing business. The successful candidate will be a pivotal member of the Directorial team, providing operational leadership of the full range of qualifications within the company portfolio.
In this position, you will occupy a key strategic position making all operational decisions at a macro level as part of the Directorial team, reporting directly to the CEO.
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of business qualifications across the world, ensuring they meet the high standards required of an awarding body.
- Overall responsibility for the accurate, compliant and timely delivery of all exams and vocational qualifications.
- Budgetary responsibility for delivery of all qualifications and direct staffing, including tri-annual and annual P&L analyses based on reports provided by the senior management team.
- Occupy a strategic role in the Directorial team and as part of other senior committees including Quality and Safeguarding, and be able to provide concise reports to the board on a monthly basis.
- Direct line manage four senior managers, and indirectly the rest of the operations team, including ten further head office staff and over 30 global representatives.
- Create, update and ensure adherence to, all operational procedures, policies, regulations and Ts&Cs
- Orchestrate change and continue to improve the company operations, through MIS development, utilisation of new technology, and identification of efficiencies and cost-savings.
- Lead on any MIS development and map, design and implement any new systems in cooperation with the IT department.
- Work with senior management team supporting the business in its’ work with government and the regulators as required, particularly with our key contacts Ofqual, SQA, ICO and the DfE
- Lead on customer service standards, setting clear KPIs for the global operations team
- Bachelors degree in music, education, management or other relevant field
- A minimum of three years experience of working as part of a senior leadership team and influencing at a strategic level
- Substantial experience in negotiating, consulting and making effective decisions
- Proven experience in the implementation and use of management information systems and customised software solutions in a Microsoft environment
- Proven ability to think analytically and operationally
- Familiarity with commercial and compliance based environments
- Confident, energetic and visible in your leadership to ensure buy-in and commitment
- Preferably cognisant of the current educational landscape
If you are driven to work at the highest level of business, leading the operational strategy for a multi-national company, then this is the ideal role for you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest in the role of Director of Global Operations.The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Global Operations