Quest Search & Selection are partnering with a premium innovative British food brand with retail and online presence.
This business is looking for a Director of Food - Buying & New Product Development to lead the change when bringing new and exciting products to market as part of their ongoing retail strategy.
This role is part of the operating board where you look after the strategic direction of their buying, product range & product development including the packaging and technical side of their food business.
The roles & responsibilities of this Director of Food - Buying & New Product Development position -
- To take ownership of the Product Innovation & Buying across all channel in retail, Digital & Wholesale .
- The creation, design and new lines of retail products from sourcing to the ultimate sale
- Create and communicate a clear vision for the development of food directly sourced and all these this party products
- Take overall understanding of the range review of all categories
- Be involved in top line negotiations and for all procurement and supplier relationships. This include includes finished products, GNFR & Ingredients.
- You will look after the food technology department overseeing quality of existing & new products.
- Totally accountable of the EBITDA of the retail & food to go business.
- Fully versed in working towards budgets & margins and forming excellent relationships with suppliers.
- Look at the improvement of processing & packaging of food product
- Safety of food in-line with government and industry standards
- Sourcing and selection of produce and being involved in range sign-off .
To be successful in this Director of Food - Buying & New Product Development position you would -
- Have worked in a commercial new product development, buying or innovation from a retail or FMCG supplier background.
- Have managed teams within Buying, New Product Developement & Innovation & Quality.
- Have worked in a Leadership capacity, Head of or Director level.
- Have worked within supermarkets or premium product retailer or supplier.
- Have managed business portfolio of over 40 million +
- Have experience of controlling a pipeline of new products and the whole product timeline
- Must be happy to trave between stores, head office in london and their production site in Oxfordshire.
- You will need to be in Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire 2 days a week
- Full journey of bringing new innovative food lines to market
- Taken full ownership of the EBITDA & profitabilty of a business large category area.
- Is a real foodie that has awareness of organic food & traceability
- Managing a team of 10+ people in different teams.
- Previous retail food buying experience & experience of procurement & GNFR
- Understanding of food hygiene & legislation
The Benefits of this Director of Food - Buying & New Product Development position -
- Salary bracket between £120,000 - £140,000
- Up to 40% bonus potential
- 25 days holidays
- penson contributions
- Private healthcare
- Exspensed travel outside of London
Overall the successful candidate must be a strong communicator, visionary and innovative and commercial in thought to ultimately be responsible for the smooth running of the commerciality of the retail food business.
This is a great leadership position for someone to be part of a business that is unrivalled in its approach to producing top quality food and lifestyle products. This is part of a new journey where you will be able to influence and lead in a fast-growing company, offering excellent salary and benefits. If you believe that you have the relevant experience and are enthusiastic about this role, please apply now quoting the reference JO-1811-105513/A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Product Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'