Nelson Chambers are recruiting for an interim Director of Finance to join our Client in Southend.
Full details of the Company will be disclosed upon successful application.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts, incorporating a consolidated income and expenditure statement and balance sheet.
- Produce written explanatory commentary to accompany the monthly management accounts
- Prepare accurate annual statutory accounts, incorporating profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and full notes to the accounts
- Maintain a fixed asset register to track all capital expenditure and calculate depreciation
- Assist with cash flow forecasting as and when required
- Co-ordinate and manage the process for the preparation of the annual departmental budgets by Budget Holders, validating and consolidating the outcome into an organisational-wide budget including balance sheet and cash flow projections
- Produce high-level quarterly re-forecasts of the annual organisational-wide out-turn for income and expenditure, agreeing key assumptions with senior Budget Holders
- Production of Financial analysis and costings
- Manage the external audit process, liaising with the external auditors to ensure that all requirements of both the audit and the accounting standards are met
- To oversee the production of the quarterly VAT return
- Undertake other ad hoc projects including financial modelling and analysis to assist the organisation in its ongoing review of the cost effectiveness of its services, processes and procedures, etc.
- To manage the members of the finance team
- Develop and enhance the spreadsheets used for budgeting, forecasting, management accounting and production of the year end statutory accounts, rewriting where necessary to ensure that manual data entry is minimised and the scope for human error and spreadsheet formulae error is reduced
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant ( eg; ACA, ACCA,CIMA)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or similar accounting system
- Driver or have access to own transport
- Positive, can do attitude
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Have a flexible approach to the working day
Monday-Friday (37.5hrs per week)
Benefits and holiday entitlement to be confirmed
Salary negotiable dependant on experience
Please contact Hannah O'Brien @ Nelson Chambers for more info
- Finance Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job