An exceptional opportunity to join one of London's leading housing associations as the Director of Finance. This innovative and ambitious organisation is in a strong financial state and is well positioned for growth and expansion, something the new Director of Finance will be playing a key role in.
Reporting to the Chief Exec, as the Director of Finance will lead the finance and IT functions and will be responsible for developing new strategies to aid organisational growth. With an aggressive growth strategy in place you will help drive future acquisitions; it will be your responsibility to enquire, analyse and develop strategies surrounding potential opportunities whilst also reviewing the organisations internal performance and processes. As the organisation grows you will bring commerciality to the team and will play a critical role in its development.
- To ensure that efficient, reliable, cost effective Finance, Treasury & Procurement services are delivered to all users engendering high levels of customer satisfaction
- Develop, communicate and continually review the financial plan; enabling the association to deliver a strong financial performance
- Provide advice to the Board, Executive and colleagues on Finance and Procurement related matters
- Be a prime source of finance and procurement expertise within the business
- Lead on financial management reporting including the preparation of Management Accounts, Statutory Accounts, Budgets and Forecasts within deadlines
- You will be a fully qualified CIMA or ACA with experience of strategic decision making
- Liaison with external and internal auditors including being the principle contact for statutory audits
- The ability to think logically or laterally, and using ingenuity to remove or get around difficulties
- At least 4 years managerial experience leading teams of 8+
- Ability to motivate and develop staff and confront under performance
- Technically strong with a good understanding of technical accounting
- A natural leadership style and strong people management skills that will help motivate, increase performance and capability