Director of Finance & Assets
Who we are
Bader International Study Centre (BISC), located at historic Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex, is the international campus of Queen’s University (Canada) and is a registered charity. It provides exceptional academic programs for undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students as well as serving as a venue for international conferences and meetings. Its wholly owned trading subsidiary, Herstmonceux Castle Enterprises Limited, is responsible for running the gardens and grounds, corporate events and other functions.
Reporting to the Vice Provost and Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Assets will manage the financial, human resources and business operations of both the educational and commercial aspects of the organization. You will be a hands-on finance director, a trusted advisor to the SMT, and a key player in future strategic planning.
- Ensure full compliance with internal and external accounting reporting requirements, with the support of a dedicated finance team
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting with all associated commentary and presentations
- Provide strategic advice to the executive director and SMT in support of planning for new programs, initiatives and capital investment opportunities
- Direct and oversee the HR and estates functions and providing guidance and leadership to these teams.
You will be
- A graduate, chartered accountant, with a CV which demonstrates success at finance director level within a medium- to large-sized business, or commercially-driven NFP organization
- Adept at utilizing your well-developed IT, analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret information and influence business decisions
- Able to demonstrate the ability to succeed in a complex, culturally diverse environment, and to bring superior communication and leadership skills
- Intellectually strong and emotionally intelligent, with a real desire to engage with the ethos and objectives of BISC and to contribute to its future success.
We can offer you
In addition to salary and holiday pay, we offer a number of other benefits, including:
- auto-enrol pension scheme with guaranteed contribution from the BISC/HCE
- opportunities for relevant training and development
- on-site parking
- subsidised meals scheme
- free campus gymnasium
- access to the BISC lending library: books, DVDs, CDs and more
- a wide range of free and discounted leisure opportunities either at, or connected to, Herstmonceux Castle
- a working environment comprising an historic building with beautiful gardens and grounds
- friendly, supportive colleagues in the close-knit Castle community.
Please note that this recruitment is being managed by our consultant Clair Berry at Accountancy Recruitment.
The BISC is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job