Director of External Affairs
An independent EU organisation have a permanent full-time vacancy for a Director of External Affairs to join their established Health team headquartered in Munich.
The team work with over 150 partners along the entire value chain, including academic and research institutions, smaller companies to large industry and public sector organisations to improve healthcare and promote healthy living for European citizens.
This is a newly created role and applications are welcomed from people who:
- Have a passion in promoting health living and improving healthcare
- Have an interest in public affairs and an ability to engage with European stakeholders
- are strategic thinkers with an entrepreneurial flair
- are an inspirational leader and can source and manage a global workforce
- Can communicate a vision and win an audience
This federal organisation is funded by the European Commission to promote healthy living and improve healthcare across Europe.
- Work with over 150 partners along the entire value chain
- Support new "needs driven" innovations in healthcare
- Promote talent and education
- Leverage enabling technologies
- Exploit big data.
- International collaborations
- Currently have a portfolio of 90-100 projects ongoing
Create awareness and communicate the added value and impact of new innovations in healthcare.
- Lead the development of public affairs strategy and manage the public affairs working group
- Lead the development of the Health Communication Strategy and support the implementation of the internal and external Communication plan
- Understand the societal problems that the organisation are trying to address
- Effectively manage a small global team of both inhouse and freelance resource
- Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders at European level, including the identification of key meetings, and generation of key messages for public presentations and participation.
- Build and develop the relationship with European media and key opinion leaders.
A Healthcare Communications or Public Affairs professional keen to embrace a new challenge and help shape healthcare across Europe.
- Self-sufficient. Initiate and drive forward change. Identify what needs to happen and then gets it done
- Able to build trust, develop your network, open doors, seek out and maximise opportunities.
- Experience in creating innovative communication strategies using digital channels and new media.
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Policy which may include a background in Public Affairs, Medical Communications or Market Access.
- Ability to interact, communication and work across cultures and language differences.
- The ideal candidate will have entrepreneurial flair, a positive and open attitude to working in a constantly changing environment and is resilient and able to deal with ever changing priorities.
This Director of External Affairs job is a great role and won't be around for long! So don't delay. If you are unsure and need some advice, give me a ring, otherwise just click apply, upload your CV and send, it's really that easy!
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.
- Medical communication jobs
- medical education jobs
- healthcare communication jobs
- careers in medical communications
- Jobs in public affairs
- jobs in external affairs
- health communication jobs
- market access jobs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"