Our client is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
They offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements.
Due to their continued success, they now have a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Engineering to join the organisation.
The Director of Engineering Role:
The Director of Engineering EDS (Explosive Detection Systems) is responsible for the expertise of all engineering projects, while establishing and maintaining cost effective engineering processes and systems for design and product safety, to maximise efficiency and performance.
You will manage engineering costs and delivery, ensuring all deliverables are achieved on time. The Director of Engineering will also be expected to Identify and introduce new technologies to raise technical methods and standards for future strategy.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Engineering:
- Oversee the planning, control and utilisation of key engineering activities
- Ensure implementation of business plan within the Engineering Group
- Develop new product introduction programs in accordance with the organisation’s objectives and ensure that these are delivered on time and to budget
- Ensure that the Engineering Department achieves its targets and business development objectives through effective management
- Support the R & D group to realise the full potential of new technologies
- Contribute to the development of business strategy and plans
- Maintain awareness of current market, economic and technology trends to maximise opportunities and minimise risk
- Manage the Engineering budget to ensure spending does not exceed forecast
- In conjunction with senior management team contribute to identifying alternative markets and adjacent space opportunities to extend the product portfolio’s market reach
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience within same industry, or related technology, High Voltage X-ray products, CVX
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a multi-disciplinary engineering department
- Strong project and people management skills
- Knowledge of a broad range of engineering disciplines
- Flexibility to respond to changing business needs
- Technical degree (ideally electrical/electronic engineering) and ideally Chartered Engineer (CEng) status
In return, the Director of Engineering can expect;
- Highly Competitive Salary (£80,000 - £85,000)
- Pension & Health Care Plan
- Fantastic career progression - Opportunity to work in an Executive role within an industry leading organisation
If you are interested in this Director of Engineering position, simply submit your CV & Covering Letter via the button shown.
Keywords: Director of Engineering, Technology, X-Ray, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Engineer, Operations, Product Development, Project Director, Explosive Detection Systems, Scanner, Security, Salfords, Surrey
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
- Project Management
- Chartered Engineer