Our client is one of the leading players in the travel retail sector and they are looking to hire a Director of Engineering to lead the delivery of all solutions into their clients. Our client provides a best in class digital commerce platform used by many of the world’s largest airlines to engage with their customers. As the Director of Engineering (Solutions) you will be responsible for fundamentally changing how the business delivers solutions. The projects are large scale transformational projects with multiple stakeholders and deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in delivering large scale software projects. You will have a proven track record leading multiple teams (total headcount ideally 100+). You will be a strong software person who also has good exposure to programme management.
You will be responsible for building, coaching and leading your teams and be comfortable working with collocated and remote teams. You will have a high level of autonomy in this role and with this comes the ultimate responsibility for solution delivery.
Excellent salary and benefits package
Role: Permanent full time
- At least 15 years working in software development
- At least 10 years’ experience leading teams with full life cycle responsibility, ideally in a software product company
- Experience working on large scale enterprise level applications
- Ability to drive change and increase performance & quality
- Build strong customer relationships
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (product management, solution architecture, project management) to ensure the highest quality of delivery to customers
- Drive continuous improvement
- Track record working in various development environments like Agile and Waterfall
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Experience working within the travel sector
If you would like to learn more about this role then please contact Michael Lantry by apply, with your CV, via the link below.
- IT Leadership
- Project Management