Director of Development and Alumni
Director of Development and Alumni
Exeter School is the leading co-educational day school in the South West, educating 920 pupils aged 7-18. Situated on a 25-acre site near the city centre, our strong links to the local community, well-established pastoral care systems and fantastic teaching enable us to challenge, inspire and deliver the very best learning to our pupils.
We are now looking for a Director of Development and Alumni to join our team as soon as possible. This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Pension scheme (with 8% employer contributions)
- On-site parking
- Free lunches during term time
- Fee benefits if your children attend the school
- Access to our well-equipped gym and weights room
- Use of our indoor swimming pool (which is extended to your family during the school holidays)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre fundraising professional with major donor management and significant gift experience to advance their career with our leading educational institution.
This rare opportunity will place you at the forefront of our fundraising and engagement efforts, driving programmes that will enable our organisation to implement critical upgrades and support our work to further enhance our school.
Success in your role will mean further opportunities for our pupils, providing them with a brighter future, as well as helping us to succeed in our organisational goals.
As Director of Development and Alumni, you will be responsible for the school’s fundraising and alumni relations and develop a well-established programme of alumni events.
Working with the Head, Bursar and Foundation Committee of the Governors, you will help develop and implement strategic fundraising plans to generate sustainable income for the school. Specifically, you will lead on the development of major capital projects, regular giving and legacy programmes, annual giving, individual donations and sponsorship, to name a few.
You will develop and implement an alumni relations strategy for former pupils, staff and parents and build relationships with them locally, nationally and internationally, maintaining regular communication. You will facilitate their involvement in curricular and co-curricular activities including careers events, Sixth Form programmes and more.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead the Development and Alumni Office
- Line manage the Alumni Officer, External Relations Assistant (jointly with the Director of Admissions and Marketing) and other staff, as required
- Identify, cultivate and steward potential major donors
- Manage the Development and Alumni Office budget
- Act as secretary to Foundation Committee of the Governors
- Ensure policies and procedures are in place regarding data protection, gift acceptance and ethical fundraising
To join us as Director of Development and Alumni, you will need:
- Demonstrable successful fundraising experience
- Experience in identifying prospective major donors and securing meetings with them
- Experience of asking successfully for major gifts face-to-face and in writing
- Experience of providing a high level of care to donors across an organisation
- Experience of using a fundraising or relational database for both inputting and analysis of data
- To be numerate and confident handling financial data
- Knowledge of Microsoft and other IT packages
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- The willingness to travel in the UK and overseas and to work outside normal office hours
- To be educated to graduate level or equivalent
Experience of fundraising for a major capital campaign would be beneficial, as would experience of fundraising in an educational institution. Experience of leading and managing a team would be advantageous, as would experience of fundraising from donors who are not residents in the UK.
A Fundraising Management qualification would be desirable, as would Membership of the Institute of Fundraising.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Some weekend and evening work is required for which time off in lieu will be given.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 20th August with interviews scheduled for Friday 27th August.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Fundraising, Charity Development Manager, Director of Development, Senior Fundraising Manager, Major Donor Manager, Fundraising Programme Manager, or Director of Fundraising.
Exeter School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from any appropriately qualified person. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references provided specifically for this post and addressed to the school, and to satisfactory DBS clearance.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as Director of Development and Alumni, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'