Director of Clinical Services
BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Director of Clinical Servicesto join their team of staff in the Senior Management Team department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or Registered practitioner / Diploma / relevant Health Speciality Degree/ Degree Level qualification
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by a registered qualification with the NMC, HCPC or GPC
- Willingness to work towards a higher leadership and management qualification
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability and HCPC Standards of Proficiency and the HCPC / GPC Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
- Good financial awareness, including business planning and budgeting
- Post basic mentoring or training certification eg: ENB 998
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice
- Knowledge of NMC codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the legislation and standards of relevant healthcare regulators (CQC, HIS, HIW)
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance frameworks and Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of Human Resource issues, including labour management, interviewing, appraising and counselling tools
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for providing clinical direction and strong professional leadership to all Nursing and Clinical staff within the hospital.
- To lead and drive the delivery of excellent clinical standards of care, driving a culture of patient safety, clinical effectiveness and continuous improvement for the patient experience.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Clinical Services works with the Executive Director and Director of Operations/Operations Manager, to create and deliver the strategic, operational and business development plan for the hospital.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Responsibility for granting, reviewing and withdrawing practising privileges, the review of consultants’ performance generally and their role on the medical advisory committees
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a maximum salary of up to £59,500 per annum alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'