Position: Director, Health Economics & Payer Analytics
Location: Cambridge, UK
Unit: Cardiovascular & Metabolics.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Here, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them.
Do you have in-depth knowledge of health economics and its application to pharmaceutical development? Do you want to join a global company and work in an international environment? Do you want to be part of a team that plays a crucial role in bringing to market medicines that make a real difference to millions of patients?
Then this is an opportunity for you!
Main duties and responsibilities
You will collaborate with Project and Payer teams to design and implement innovative health economic strategies for target product profiles/claims, global payer evidence plans, and market access and pricing strategies. An equally important part of your role will be to lead or influence the production of scientific evidence for robust portfolio decisions, global reimbursement dossiers and reimbursement/formulary documents.
You will proactively contribute to evidence planning, predict and resolve issues that affect market access decisions, and take responsibility for detailed strategic and tactical planning and implementation of payer analytics. Part of your remit will involve preparing proposals for outsourced health economics projects and collaborating with local market affiliates to prepare evidence that satisfies payer needs in their markets.
- In-depth expert knowledge of and experience in health economics and its application to pharmaceutical development at an international level, especially economic modelling, evidence synthesis and other analytical techniques required to support payer needs worldwide
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory requirements from a global perspective and product development processes at all lifecycle stages
- Knowledge of international healthcare systems and their changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information
- Strong knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment influencing clinical development plans, labelling and promotional claims
- An understanding of payer decisions and their implications for drug development and payer analytic methodologies
- Experience in clinical trial and real-world evidence design and analysis from a payer perspective
- Experience collaborating across more than one function and understanding how this contributes to achieving business objectives
- Leadership skills and problem solving capabilities, demonstrated by an ability to evaluate threats and opportunities for health economics strategies and modify them as appropriate
- Well-developed conceptual and integrative thinking with the capability to access internal and external resources for advice
- An ability to communicate technical material clearly in writing and oral presentations
- Experience in drug development/reimbursement in Cardiovascular and/or Metabolics diseases is desirable but not essential.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now to join our team and help make the impossible a reality.
Applications Close: 26th February 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job