At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Director - Health Economics and Payer Analytics in Gaithersburg, MD or Cambridge, UK, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca holds a unique position in Respiratory Disease with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by leveraging novel combinations, biologics and devices. The Director, Health Economics and Payer Analytics supporting our respiratory portfolio sits in Global Payer Evidence and Pricing (GPEP), an experienced team of specialists with many different skills, aligned to a common objective:
To deliver integrated payer, patient-centered and real world evidence that demonstrates the value of our medicines to payers, regulators, healthcare providers, policy makers and patients around the world.
We accomplish this by working with R&D, Global Commercial, and external partners to ensure that credible and timely evidence and insights are available at every stage of the development and commercialization process. This evidence based approach allows patient access to the medicines they need by helping the healthcare community make informed decisions.
From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a health economist you will be responsible (a) to proactively collaborate with Project and Payer Teams in designing and implementing innovative Health Economic strategies and activities and (b) to produce (or direct the production of) scientific evidence for regulatory submissions, global reimbursement dossiers and market access. You will help communicate value propositions and evidence to achieve the maximal commercial success of products throughout their life cycles. As a health economist, you will have an in-depth and expert knowledge of Health Economics (including payer analytic tools such as input to RCT & RWE design & analyses, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and indirect and mixed treatment comparisons) and its application to pharmaceutical development throughout the development process.
- High quality health economics (HE) input to the target product profiles, target product claims, global payer evidence plans, and market access & pricing strategies.
- Proactively and independently contribute to evidence planning processes and help predict and resolve issues that affect market access decisions.
- Detailed strategic and tactical planning of payer analytics (e.g., clinical trial design and analysis, economic modelling, evidence synthesis including indirect treatment comparisons) to support market access and reimbursement for assigned projects.
- Assume, as a member of the Payer Team, leadership of Health Economics related activities, deliverables, and work streams.
- Represent health economics in interactions with cross-functional team members at a project level, including input to clinical trial and program design to support payers’ needs.
- In-depth expert knowledge of Health Economics and its application to pharmaceutical development at an international level (especially economic modelling, evidence synthesis and other analytical techniques required to support payer needs).
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory requirements from a global perspective and product development processes at all life cycle stages.
- Knowledge of international healthcare systems and their changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information.
- Strong knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment influencing clinical development plans, labeling and promotional claims.
- Knowledge of and experience collaborating with more than one function and how this contributes to achieving business objectives.
- Leadership skills and problem solving capabilities, demonstrated by an ability to evaluate threats and opportunities for Health Economics strategies and modify them as appropriate.
- Well-developed conceptual and integrative thinking with the capability to access internal and external resources for advice.
- Proactive application of therapeutic area and disease treatment knowledge.
- Able to implement projects, including engagement with key stakeholders, with a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to communicate technical material clearly in writing, oral presentations, and payer defenses.
Key Technical Capabilities
- Payer technical insight – understanding payer decisions and their methodological implications.
- Clinical trial and real world evidence design and analysis from a payer perspective.
- Health state utility calculations and analyses, including mapping.
- Comparative effectiveness techniques, including systematic reviews, and indirect treatment comparisons /network meta-analysis.
- Pharmacoeconomic modelling.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job