*Director Clinical Services Mental Health*
We are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced and enthusiastic individual to the position of Director Clinical Services Mental Health. The Clinical Director will work in partnership with the Regional Manager (Mental Health) together with the Regional Medical Director towards the strategic development, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the service. The Clinical Director has primary responsibility for clinical governance and leadership in relation to clinical service delivery. The clinical director supports and promotes the vision and strategic direction of the service, the State Mental Health Plan, the National Standards for Mental Health Services and the national Mental Health Strategy.
Coastal, Western Australia
The Health Service is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia.
1. Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia
2. Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (or equivalent).
3. Demonstrated capacity to provide clinical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team.
4. Demonstrated ability in implementing, monitoring and evaluating clinical governance systems.
5. Able to provide accredited undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision, & demonstrate a commitment to continuing Professional Development.
6. Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Current C class drivers licence and ability and willingness to travel within the Pilbara including overnight stays away from home.
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications, listed according to nationality:
Australian or New Zealand citizens:
You must hold FRANZCP and be eligible for Specialist registration with AHPRA.
United Kingdom or Ireland citizens:
You must hold MRCPsych or FRCPsych plus a UK Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
United States of America citizens:
You must hold a Certificate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
You must hold a Fellowship in Psychiatry or Certificate in Psychiatry from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
$392,468 - $459,815 p.a. (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance)
In addition to the great salary, employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice.
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
For more information contact Jackie Cloake