M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An interesting opportunity has arisen for a Director - Client Service to join the Client Relationships & Marketing team. You will be responsible for co-ordinating and managing all servicing activities relating to external institutional real estate clients globally, investing in co-mingled funds, separate accounts and joint venture investments, in accordance with legal documentation, agreed procedures and service standards. You will also be supporting the Fund Management team in the management and servicing of external institutional clients to enable them to concentrate on running portfolios as well as the institutional Business Development team, where required, in order to secure new business. Overseeing and continually improving reporting, which meets the needs of institutional clients and aims to lead industry standards is also required.
• Maintain a client service centre of excellence for institutional clients. by leading the client service team according to best in class service standards.
• Ensure existing and future service standards for M&G Real Estate institutional clients are shared with and understood by all required functional team (Operations, Finance, Compliance, Business Development, Fund Management, M&G Design etc.) to achieve required quality, accuracy, content, on time delivery etc.
• Effectively allocate resource to ensure service standards are maintained and client expectations are met, or exceeded.
• Oversee investor reports to ensure common standards are set and maintained across all relevant funds and separate accounts and ensure disclosures are in line with INREV standards of reporting including quarterly reports, annual reports and SDDS etc.
• Take initiatives to ensure reporting standards meet evolving client needs – digital delivery, multi-lingual, webinars etc. as required
• Manage the annual programme for fund Investor Days to ensure high, consistent and sustainable standards are achieved
• Manage and enhance the Property Fund Investor Register project to provide high quality management information and client specific performance reporting capabilities.
• Ensure all client legal, tax and documentation related issues and related client service procedures are appropriately documented.
• Manage the client/consultant side-letter process and ensure we remain in compliance with agreed terms
• Maintain a business leadership role by developing internal relationships with key decision makers in M&G Real Estate and M&G investments to accomplish transferable client service goals, account management objectives and resolve any technical issues.
Client Service Accountabilities
• Be the central point of contact for institutional clients in the allocated funds/accounts and be available to address any requirements the clients and their consultants may have.
• Provide support to the Fund Management team as required including organising and attending all client meetings.
• Work closely with M&G Institutional to identify potential cross-sell opportunities or relationship risks beyond real estate
• Working with the TA and operations, assist institutional client take-on and disinvestment, including agreement of service standards
• Facilitate secondary trades for M&G Real Estate’s institutional clients when demand arises.
• To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with our Attributes and Expectations.
• To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company’s H&S Manager.
• To understand the Company’s Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy as appropriate for your role.
• Lead and manage team/direct reports ensuring all people management responsibilities are undertaken in accordance with the relevant business/HR policies, procedures or guidelines.
• Abide by the Statements of Principle and the Code of Practice which set out Approved Persons responsibilities. Maintain professional competence in line with the Approved Person Regime. Maintain training and competence records and provide evidence in a timely manner.
• Fulfil regulatory requirements, including timely completion of all regulatory training and declarations.
What we are looking for:
You will have several years of experience in Fund Management, with a good knowledge of the Fund industry, Operations and Regulatory Regimes and a strong level of experience in a Client servicing role (or similar) within Institutional Fund Management within the real estate sector. You should have a thorough working knowledge of business practices relating to institutional Client servicing functions. Familiarity with investments and accounting concepts and an understanding of real estate strategies and property markets would be an advantage. Good communication, writing and presentation skills along with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually when required is essential. You must have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation and externally with clients.
You will need to have effective management skills of multiple tasks and competing priorities, good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as foreign language skills. German would be beneficial but it is not essential.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job