We have a unique & exciting opportunity to join Whitbread as a Direct/Corporate Tax Manager. This new role will cover a broad remit to help deliver our UK tax planning benefits and ensure tax compliance and appropriate tax accounting across the Whitbread group.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide, and for the last 9 years running we have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, and always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do, there has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
In conjunction with the Direct Tax Senior Manager, and subject to review by the Head of Direct Taxes, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the Group’s UK corporation tax returns;
- Preparation of the full year and interim consolidated tax disclosures and the UK company tax disclosures (all under IFRS);
- Preparation of the Group’s PAYE Settlement Agreement;
- Ensuring compliance with all UK claims, elections and returns, including managing our outsourced capital allowances claims and R&D claims, and group filings, such as the Corporate Interest Restriction Return, roll-over relief and the Group Payment Arrangement;
- Providing tax advice on project work, including dealing with tax audits, property tax advisory (including sale and leasebacks, re-gearing and property acquisitions), corporate structures, new incorporations (both in the UK and overseas), ad hoc international matters, and helping assess the impact of new tax rules (e.g. IR35 changes).
Why we’d love you to apply:
- You are a recent qualified chartered/certified accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor (ACCA, ACA or CTA)
- An eye for detail with an ability to analyse complex tax legislation
- A willingness to research and debate with colleagues
- Corporate tax compliance and reporting experience (employee tax knowledge is not a prerequisite)
- Proficient with tax reporting software (e.g. Alphatax)
- A driven and proactive attitude, with a good knowledge of deferred tax and strong Excel skills
In return, we will offer you:
- A market competitive base salary
- Up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- Subsidised restaurant
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
- Access to Perks at Work website
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'