Job Title: Direct Sales Specialist (Home Finance)
Location: Central Birmingham
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000, plus quarterly and annual bonus
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical bank based in new offices in central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group, we've got exciting growth plans and an aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
We're looking for an Direct Sales Specialist, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career.
We offer great benefits including an attractive basic salary, a competitive incentive scheme, private medical insurance and 25 days’ holiday.
Purpose of the role
- To achieve individual sales targets for the Bank’s finance products such as residential HPP and Buy To Let.
- To achieve individual sales targets for the Bank’s deposit and fee income products such as savings balances.
- To achieve the Bank’s financial objectives through the achievement of individual targets for products and services that the Bank may focus on.
- To deliver excellent customer service to customers using direct channels such as telephony and online.
- To build and maintain relationships with assigned Intermediaries in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- To have a pro-active approach in developing a strong and positive working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Demonstrate a passion for the delivery of sales and service that exceeds the expectations of the customer.
- Achieve agreed sales targets within set timescales.
- Build rapport with customers that will lead to long term relationships between them and the Bank.
- Provide enquirers and customers with accurate, timely and relevant information on the Bank’s range of products and services.
- Produce and work to a Sales Action Plan signed off by the line manager which supports the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Take proactive corrective measures when required to ensure that personal performance is in line with individual targets.
- Ensure that all parts of the sales process which are influenced by the Direct Sales Specialist are delivered within agreed service levels (SLA’s).
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s assets and liability products and a working knowledge of competitor products.
- Develop profitable long term relationships with assigned Intermediaries.
- Maintain a strong and positive working relationship with colleagues across the organisation.
- Comply with the Bank’s policies, FCA & PRA regulations, and UK legal framework and Sharia principles.
- Comply with the Bank’s T&C and compliance regime.
- Ensure all contacts and sales opportunities are correctly entered into the sales management system -Salesforce and updated on a regular basis.
- Comply with the Bank’s risk procedures and criteria to ensure this area is managed according to company objectives.
- When packaging and submitting cases for approval ensure the highest standards of quality and integrity in line with the requirements set by the Bank.
- Obtain customer feedback on existing products, services and level of service quality and provide feedback to sales and marketing teams and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Understand and promote the company mission, brand, values and customer service standards
- Delivery of agreed sales and service targets.
- Internal and external feedback.
- Application submission quality.
- Application decline rate.
- Adherence to all regulatory and legal requirements to ensure no breaches
- Timely and successful completion of necessary training requirements.
- Effective risk management ensuring that all regulatory and risk controls applicable are adhered to.
- Adherence to the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Competencies, skills, knowledge and experience required to undertake the roleEssential
- Experience of successfully selling financial services products in the UK.
- Familiarity with mortgage selling regulations.
- Familiarity with UK mortgage industry.
- A demonstrable set of sales skills and a self awareness of how to sell.
- A good understanding of Islamic values and culture.
- Familiarity with modern retail banking and knowledge of the regulatory framework.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Persistence and follow through are necessary qualities.
- Must be passionate about service quality
- Time management.
- Strong business awareness, self motivated with personal drive - an achiever.
- Credible, persuasive and personable manner.
- Excellent negotiation and organisational skills.
- Intermediate user knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- A general understanding of Islamic finance and banking.
- Problem solving and creative thinking capabilities.
- A working knowledge of Business Accounts (Sole traders, Limited Companies, Partnerships).Relevant professional qualifications such as <span class="goog-spellcheck-wor
- Relationship Management
- Retail Banking