The Direct Purchasing Manager will play a critical role in helping the Company to source new products/technologies, raw materials and packaging components, delivering significant cost savings and minimising working capital. This role will proactively manage contracts with and key supplier accounts,ensuring compliance to contracts and KPI’s. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that suppliers meet all requirements to provide products/materials at the optimum cost, quality, service and reliability. A key part of this role will also include evaluating and managing risk to facilitate the smooth running of our manufacturing facilities.
- Acting as a Procurement business partner to the Supply Chain and Quality divisions to ensure that the Procurement function is effectively supporting our manufacturing faciltiies and that Procurement requirements are understood by key stakeholders
- Work with Senior Management and Legal in drafting and negotiation of supplier contracts
- Manage ongoing supplier contractual relationships and assist in building effective partnerships
- Manage supplier performance,quality and risk including addressing any short-comings through effective supplier management and escalation as required
- Create, Manage and Maintain KPI and SLA agreements.
- Create, Manage and Maintain annual cost reduction plans with suppliers as appropriate
- Maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for all supplier processes.
- Take a leading role in identification and delivery of cost saving opportunities which contribute to annual cost savings targets.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Monthly reconciliation of stock held at suppliers.
- Work with Innovation and R&D teams to ensure capabilities of suppliers are known and utilized where possible
- Manage budget requirements for suppliers under management
- Working with wider Procurement function to help drive the functions agenda and strategy
- CIPs or working towards (Essential)
- 5 - 7 years significant manufacturing Purchasing experience
- Working knowledge Packaging suppliers beneficial
- Knowledge of third party contract manufacturing
- Strong IT skills, preference for intermediate/advanced Excel, Database and PowerPoint
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills and a capability to work cross functionally in the organisation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in project management is desirable
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Contract Negotiation
- Contract Manufacturing
- Supplier Negotiation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'