Direct Marketing Officer, permanent, 35 hours per week
National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Sussex, or if being home-based is agreed, there will be a home workers allowance of £1,000 per annum
Salary £28,894.64 per annum, plus excellent benefits (salary subject to experience)
In the UK there are over seven million cats. Cats Protection is the organisation dedicated to helping, rescuing, re-homing and supporting cats. With 34 adoption centres and 250 volunteer-run branches, we help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year.
The Data Direct and Digital Marketing teams will generate £18M for Cats Protection this year, through fundraising, membership and gaming products across all online and offline channels. To reach this target the team are expanding and have a number of new roles to recruit. The role of Direct Marketing Officer is one such role, and the others may be found on our career site.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver the charity’s Direct Marketing programme, working across multiple communication channels (both acquisition and retention) in order to grow sustainable income for Cats Protection and maximise the long-term return on investment for individual donors. Responsibilities are varied, and include the following:
- to deliver the agreed direct marketing programme from conception to delivery, so that communications are delivered on time, to the agreed audience, within budget and to the highest quality
- to manage relationships with various external agencies including the direct marketing, face to face, DRTV and telemarketing agencies, so that Cats Protection receives the best possible service from these suppliers
- to ensure the relevant internal departments are aware of and able to input into upcoming direct marketing activity
- to input on data selections, proactively working with agency staff and the database team to develop segmentation and targeting for supporter communications
- to help manage fundraising data from external agencies to ensure all data provided is accurate, timely and compliant with data protection policy and law, as well as supporter preferences
- to ensure reports on the results of all activity and KPIs are produced on a regular basis; to interpret these results, input to the forward planning of the team and implement findings so that the programme continually improves
- to work with colleagues to ensure the lifetime value of donors is maximised; this could include presenting supporters with opportunities to volunteer, buy merchandise, leave a legacy or become a major donor
- to be a proactive member of the Fundraising team, providing feedback, ideas and recommendations in order to increase the effectiveness of the department’s work and attend team and CP meetings and events, as required.
To enable you to fulfil this role, you will need the following essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- A-levels or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Membership of DMA, IDM, CIM, or IoF
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of Direct Marketing ideally working with external agencies within the third sector
- Proven track record of achieving income against agreed financial targets
- A good working knowledge of transaction and contact databases
- An understanding of the principles of Data Protection
- Proven ability to multi-task and work on own initiative, accurately and under pressure
- Ability to instigate and develop projects and maintain authoritative and professional relationships
- Confident communicator with clear, concise letter writing skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation and implications for Direct Marketing
- Ability to work as a team member
- A keen and effective problem solver, with a positive, resilient attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Own transport and prepared to travel / stay overnight occasionally
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Interviews: late April/early May
To apply for the role of Direct Marketing Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Direct Marketing Officer, Direct Marketing Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Digital Marketing Executive, Campaign Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job