Direct Marketing Manager - Fixed Term contract up to 31st October 2019 (to cover maternity leave)
National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Sussex, or if being home-based is agreed, there will be a home workers allowance of £1,000 per annum
£40,916.93 per annum plus excellent benefits (salary subject to experience)
In the UK there are over seven million cats. Cats Protection is the organisation dedicated to helping, rescuing, re-homing and supporting cats. With 34 adoption centres and 250 volunteer-run branches, we help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year.
We are looking for someone on a Fixed Term Contract basis to cover a period of maternity leave, in the role of Direct Marketing Manager. The main purpose of this role is to lead on the strategic direction and implementation of Cats Protection’s direct marketing programmes; defining operational plans and budget allocation in order to develop sustainable income streams for the charity, and maximising the long-term return of investment for individual donors.
You will be managing a team of five and an £11M annual expenditure budget to significantly grow the number and value of individuals supporting the charity, through improved profitability of existing campaigns, as well as researching and testing new fundraising channels, propositions and initiatives.
A full job description is available once you begin the application process, and as Direct Marketing Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- to lead and develop the Direct Marketing team, with line management of two Direct Marketing Officers and one Senior Direct Marketing Officer
- responsible for managing performance and workloads through conducting regular 121s and PMRs, and ensuring individual motivation and job satisfaction by providing ongoing training and development opportunities
- to mitigate reputation risk for Cats Protection by adopting and ensuring adherence to the various Codes of Conduct and legislation relevant to the role, including guidance from the ICO, PECR, GDPR, Data Protection Registrar, Fundraising Regulator, Gambling Commission and various preference services.
- to lead on the strategic direction of Cats Protection’s direct marketing activities across channels including face to face fundraising, television, direct mail, door drops, press inserts, email, PPC and online/social media advertising
- to develop Cats Protection’s fundraising products including membership, cat sponsorship, the weekly lottery, raffles and appeals, working with the Digital Fundraising Manager to ensure marketing of these products is fully integrated
- to plan and manage annual multi million pound budgets, as well as developing five year projections, providing regular reports to the Head of Direct and Digital Marketing, recording income and expenditure against target accounting for any variance, and to adjust budget allocation as required to ensure year end targets are achieved
- to use internal reporting and analysis, and external best practice to support the development of selections
- to identify and explore new avenues of recruiting new donors and improving our stewardship programme
To perform this role you will need the following essential skills, experience and knowledge:
- Degree level (or equivalent)
- Professional qualification in direct marketing (diploma or equivalent)
- Membership of IDM, DMA or IoF
- Minimum of 5 years’ extensive experience in direct marketing - preferably within the charity sector, managing both acquisition and retention
- Line management experience with track record of developing individuals
- Experience of managing and developing new relationships with key suppliers/agencies
- Creating strategies, planning and managing significant income/expenditure budgets
- Experience of implementing supporter segmentation processes for database marketing purposes
- Proven track record of achieving income against agreed financial targets as well as other KPIs
- Experience of successfully managing a large budget.
- Highly numerate - able to interpret and analyse complex data sets
- Ability work under on own initiative, to manage and prioritise a high workload and multiple complex issues/tasks in a changing environment with tight deadlines
- Proven interpersonal and consultative skills, including the ability to communicate, present, negotiate, influence and build credibility with colleagues and external parties
- Data Protection legislation and implications for direct marketing
- Regulator’s Codes of Fundraising Practice and the IoF’s Private Site Rulebook
- Strong working knowledge of transaction/contact database (preferably CARE NG)
- Fast Stats knowledge for data selection, analysis and reporting
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: 22nd April 2018
Interviews: late April/early May
To apply for the role of Direct Marketing Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Direct Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, Fundraising Manager, Marketing Campaign Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Online Marketing Manager, Marketing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job