Digitisation Project Officer - G5
Headstone Manor & Museum provides a high-quality, accessible museum and archive service, offering relevant events programmes aimed at enabling Harrow residents to learn about and enjoy their local heritage. Located 10 miles from the centre of London and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
We are currently recruiting a Digitisation Project Officer to join our team working 36 hours per week. The ability to hit the ground running and handle a varying workload is vital including evening, bank holiday and weekend work.
The successful post holder will produce a searchable catalogue of the collection for public use and to aid research and support activities by the museum to engage people in heritage. They will also ensure that a selection of the Local History Collection is digitised and made accessible online. The post is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund until September 2020.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Experience of working in a museum or heritage environment
- Knowledge of Accreditation standards and archive cataloguing standards, GDPR, and copyright law.
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of museum collections management systems and collections digitisation, and confident with Microsoft Office.
- Cataloguing archives to ISAD (G) and/or using other national and international standards relating to archives.
- Time management skills with the ability to undertake a wide range of tasks, prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Experience of preparing and presenting material for public access, eg exhibitions or programmes.
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
We particularly welcome female applicants, individuals under 25 years of age, those from the BAME community and disabled applicants, as they are under-represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'