Below is a detailed job specification for the Digital Trading & Merchandising Exec role:
The Digital Trading & Merchandising Executive is responsible for the overall trading, merchandising & financial performance across key categories within our digital platform and our marketplace presence. This is a pivotal role in ensuring that category KPI’s and standards are maximised, which in turn, ensures that an exceptional customer experience is achieved across all of our digital channels.
Utilising business & digital MI (Management Information), the Digital Trading & Merchandising Executive will take ownership of the product lifecycle and category management plans in line with the business trading & marketing calendar. The Digital Trading & Merchandising Executive will have full autonomy of owned categories working alongside key stakeholders to deliver strategic category plans.
- Ensuring that product data is of an exceptional standard to maximise sales, conversion & navigation by ensuring all information is available, consistent & optimised.
- Product lifecycle management; ensuring that all products are published & traded via appropriate digital channels to maximise financial KPI’s & customer satisfaction.
- Plan, maintain and execute category plans in line with business requirements, and in order to optimise the customer journey.
- Define and implement best-practice merchandising and SEO principles.
- Maximise & optimise available digital technologies.
- Make commercial decisions to maximise financial KPI’s within owned categories based on data-driven insight using digital/platform analytics (GA) and internal Management Information (MI).
- Regular reporting on category KPI’s & opportunities.
- Establish harmonious working relationships with key stakeholders across buying, merchandising, marketing & IT.
- Support & input into the digital development & optimisation plan.
- Participate and actively seek to influence both short term category gains, and, long-term strategy of our digital proposition.
- Product data standards.
- Category KPI’s; revenue, profit, availability, conversion, ATV, AUB, discoverability.
- Marketplace category management KPI’s.
- Category stock KPI’s (movement, availability, cover)
Should you meet the above criteria then please do apply for the role ASAP!