We have an exciting opportunity for an Digital Test Lead to join our Costa IT team within Whitbread. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining Automation Frameworks, line managing, coaching and mentoring a small team, defect tracking, test reporting and ensuring agile test and automation principles are followed across all Costa teams.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread
What you will be doing
- Work with cross-functional Agile teams to ensure exceptional quality delivery of customer facing digital experiences
- Define automation standards, methodologies, toolsets, technologies and ways of working.
- Works closely with Agile Test Manager, Senior/Developers in Test, DTL’s and Product Owner’s on a daily basis to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure the build of quality products.
- Acts as the champion for both in sprint quality testing as well as overall functional, security, and performance automation testing to improve efficiencies
- Provides line management including coaching, career development, training, and support for Senior/Developers in Test.
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Agile testing.
- Collaborate with agile delivery teams to build and maintain automation test frameworks and test suites to support continuous delivery of exceptional quality
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts amongst Testing Centre of Excellence on standards / tools / technologies / trends for automated testing.
- Produces regular test reports to the team, line manager, and IT programme functions
- Creation and maintenance of appropriate test environments for automation, ensuring consistent efficiency with support from Environment and Dev team
What we are looking for
- solid automated BDD and TDD experience, implementing frameworks (preferably Java Selenium, Cucumber & IntelliJ
- Previous development experience: recognises what good quality code looks like (and flags refactoring required / peer reviews needed / individual’s development needs etc.)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Professionally recognised testing certification
- Test Lead experience of line management, mentoring, coaching and HR support of a small team (2-4 people)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and Development team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job