Overall Job Purpose:
- To help implement and interpret the Selfridges creative vision through the styling of the Online Shoots.
To understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studiosRole Responsibility
- To maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work
- Flexibility and strong ‘all-rounder’ qualities preferable.
- Obtain a wide variety of styling techniques across womenswear, including but not limited to, fitting and technical knowledge.
- Attention to detail is crucial when styling products, maintaining a consistently high quality of imagery is essential.
- Excellent brand and competitor knowledge across Womenswear, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in between.
- Flexible to work across Menswear when required.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence styling ideas, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- To maintain understanding of trends and utilise this knowledge on a daily basis to execute intelligent and informed looks.
- Maintain key relationships with the wider business to ensure brands are represented correctly for optimum customer experience.
- Ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Work with the Stylist Assistants to ensure all product is prepped for the shoot within the agreed timelines.
- To maintain efficiencies in the studios and ensure Styling Management receive scheduled updates on what is happening in the studios.
- Responsible for briefing freelancers on the daily best practices for the Stylist role, ensuring consistency of processes and imagery as well as output of each studio.
- Continually work with peers to implement styling changes that can be made within the studio, improving imagery and shoot efficiencies.
- Able to troubleshoot, show initiative through a back catalogue of womenswear fashion knowledge, and have the confidence to make decisions where necessary.
- Have the ability to direct models and work alongside Photographer/Art Director to select imagery.
- Maintain a tidy and workable set, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear of all products and ready for the following days shoot.
- Able to lift and carry clothing on a prep day.
- Making sure products are handled with care throughout the entire studio process and in line with Stock on Loan.
- Mentor Assistant Stylists and encourage their development through on set training.
- Work efficiently and develop cross departmental relationships.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
Skills and Experience:
This role requires a person with excellent brand knowledge and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as possessing strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- 2/3 years styling experience in Womenswear across both luxury ecommerce and editorial platforms.
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Strong fashion and brand/competitor knowledge
- Tailoring knowledge and technical capability is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Manual handling
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
- Takes initiative
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'