Digital Officer (Content Design)
Positive employment is currently recruiting for Digital Officer (Content Design) for our client based in Lambeth.
The successful candidate will be responsible to update, develop and maintain content and functionality on the client’s digital platforms, including social media, microsites and associated digital content, so that they meet the needs of internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will also support the effective delivery of projects and as identified in the customer access forward plans.
- To work with the Digital Programme Manager and Customer Services Transformation Manager to support the achievement of the council’s Communications and customer access strategies and forward plan, and the council’s digital strategy.
- To ensure that staff, customers, elected members and other stakeholders can access council information through our digital channels and ensure that key information is relevant, accurate, up to date, meets their needs and improves the quality of service delivery.
- To carry out regular updates to the council’s digital channels, including social media, microsites and blogs, and support teams in the development and maintenance of their content across these channels.
- To ensure that digital content meets council written, branding, accessibility and style guidelines.
- To be aware of changes in web and online technology and its application in local government, and the public sector, and make recommendations as to how this can develop and improve the council’s digital channels.
- To successfully influence a range of staff in the relevant teams to take ownership of their digital content by coaching, negotiating with and training key staff.
- To provide support, training and guidance for staff in the creation, design, updating and maintenance of digital information and functionality, including social media.
- To carry out regular site maintenance including link-checking, accessibility checks, site reliability, archiving and audience usage analysis.
- To analyse the client’s Internet and Intranet and other council digital channels including social media against other organisations and for best practice and standards including the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
- To work towards achieving recognised standards for electronic service delivery including accessibility, usability and Plain English.
- Support the development and delivery of the trading approach within the communications team based on client requests and opportunities.
- To undertake learning and development required to carry out the responsibilities of the post.
- lTo take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations
- Good working knowledge of digital platforms including social media
- Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS, metadata and web design
- Understanding of usability and accessibility principles and issues for digital environments, including mobile platforms
- Good working knowledge of Word and other Microsoft packages
- Web editing using web design software and/or using content management systems to maintain and update websites
- Operating to tight deadlines in highly pressurised environments
- A demonstrable understanding and experience of project planning
- 3 Years work reference
Working hours: 09:00 to 17:30
This is a Temporary role but could possibly become permanent
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Local Government
- Web Design
- Web Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'