A Digital / Marketing role supporting an in-house legal and compliance team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Legal Managers and shall liaise with the Regulatory and Quality, Marketing, New Product Development and Digital and IT teams while reporting to the Legal and Compliance Director. The Counsel will be responsible for managing the full trademark portfolio and will support various areas of the business with key advice, including price promotions and advertising as well as interacting with regulatory bodies.
- Marketing and promotions support including marketing claims
- Distance marketing / Digital / Online support
- Interacting with the regulatory authorities including the ASA / Trading Standards
- Exposure to IT and / or outsourcing transactions as well as data privacy / security is desirable
- Support in relation to internet / digital, social media and e-commerce issue
- To provide both legal and technical advice to the business in relation to adequate & timely protection of NPD
- Responsible for researching selected trademarks to check if they are already in use
- Completing the prescribed procedures for the registration of new trademarks and instruction of external trademark agents
- Managing external trademark agents to:
- Enforce trademark rights in the instance of infringements
- Provide contextual advice and expert guidance in trademark litigation
- Provide legal advice on registration and protection of trademarks in multiple jurisdictions
- Prepare documentation and renewal notices across all jurisdiction where the trademark is registered
- Providing legal advice and expertise on licensing, brand identity, and copyright issues
- 3+ PQE
- In house experience desirable however this role would be ideal for a candidate looking to make their first move into an in-house role
- Holding a professional legal qualification (Solicitor or FCIlex)
- Confident, approachable disposition
- Must enjoy a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and those of the team
- Good time management and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent keyboard skills (acts as own secretary and administrator)
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'