Digital Marketing Officer, 35 hours per week, permanent
National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Sussex, or if being home-based is agreed, there will be a home workers allowance of £1,000 per annum
Salary: £28,894.64 per annum, plus excellent benefits (starting salary subject to experience)
In the UK there are over seven million cats. Cats Protection is the organisation dedicated to helping, rescuing, re-homing and supporting cats. With 34 adoption centres and 250 volunteer-run branches, we help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year.
The Data Direct and Digital Marketing teams will generate £18M for Cats Protection this year, through fundraising, membership and gaming products across all online and offline channels. To reach this target the team are expanding and have a number of new roles to recruit. One of these new roles is the Digital Marketing Officer role, and others may be found on our careers site.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver the charity’s Digital Marketing programme, working across multiple communication channels, focusing on digital advertising including social media advertising. The aim is to grow sustainable income for Cats Protection and to maximise the long-term return on investment for individual donors.
A full job description and person specification is available once you begin the application process, and the responsibilities include:
- delivering the agreed digital marketing fundraising programme from conception to delivery, so that communications are delivered on time, to the agreed audience, within budget and to the highest quality
- managing relationships with external agencies including digital advertising and creative agencies.
- ensuring relevant internal departments are aware of and able to input into upcoming fundraising digital marketing activity
- managing the advertising calendar and creating internal booking processes
- working with colleagues on digital advertising campaigns, growing the database through compliant data collection
- inputting on data selections and developing segmentation and targeting for online supporter communications
- producing reports showing the results of all activity, interpreting these results, and implement findings so that the programme continually improves
- presenting supporters with opportunities to volunteer, buy merchandise, leave a legacy or become a major donor
- mitigating reputation risk for Cats Protection by adopting and ensuring adherence to the various Codes of Conduct and legislation relevant to the role, including guidance from the ICO, PECR, GDPR, Fundraising Regulator, Public Fundraising Regulatory Association, Gambling Commission and various preference services.
To enable you to carry out this role, you will need the following essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Membership of IDM, DMA, or IoF
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of Digital Marketing, ideally working with external agencies within the third sector
- Specialist knowledge of digital advertising, including social media paid advertising
- A proven track record of achieving digital marketing growth against agreed targets
- An understanding of the principles of Data Protection
- Proven ability to multi-task and work on own initiative, accurately and under pressure
- Confident communicator with clear, concise digital copy writing skills
- Strong ability to deliver training and ongoing support aimed at upskilling colleagues in digital marketing
- Data protection legislation and implications for Digital marketing
- In depth knowledge and understanding of digital advertising best practice, key trends and ideas
- Prepared to travel / stay overnight occasionally
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Interviews: late April/early May
To apply for the role of Digital Marketing Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Digital Marketing Officer, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Communications Officer, Communications Executive, Marketing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job