Digital Marketing Manager
Up to £36k, Surrey
As the Direct Marketing Manager your primary role is to oversee and coordinate all offline marketing activities and campaigns, this will include managing relationships with all offline marketing suppliers. Working together with the Marketing Director you are responsible for developing, managing and implementing a direct marketing and communications plan to increase retention, recommendations and acquisition across all channels ensuring a seamless integration of offline activities with online presence.
You will also be involved in the selection, implementation and management of a CRM system.
You have budget responsibility and will be expected to achieve targets and demonstrate success against ROI.
You will have two direct line reports.
You will be responsible for overseeing our presence at events and exhibitions and working together with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager (SDMM) & the PR Manager you will coordinate all partnership marketing campaigns and promotions.
This job description is designed to give you an understanding of what is expected from you in this role as well as how the position relates to the rest of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Digital & PR Managers, share ideas and learnings and ensure a cohesive approach to our marketing across all channels. Together hold regular team meetings to brainstorm ideas, discuss campaign planning and responsibilities and ensure everyone in the team is working in harmon
- Responsibility for day to day performance management of your direct line reports (including support and guidance, training & development, motivation, managing poor performance and attitude and ensuring that they are fully briefed and working to the marketing plan and budget).
- Hold annual staff appraisals to effectively review performance and set future staff development/business goals and targets (KPI's).
- Follow up with quarterly reviews to monitor performance/development and document discussions for ongoing review.
- Ensure that you are aware of the company's business aims and targets.
- Maintain extremely high standards in respect of customer service.
- Ensure that all offline marketing activities are managed according to the marketing plan and within budget and continuously monitor and report on ROI.
- Work and liaise within a team of approximately 8 marketers
- Oversee the production of brochures and printed customer communications & documentation ensuring that there is always a consistent approach and that they meet our brand standards and are produced within budget and to agreed deadlines.
- Report on direct mail response levels and return on investment upon completion of each campaign.
- Oversee our brochure distribution process (including the data selection, print quantity and distribution plan for each brochure/mail piece etc) and manage our relationships with our mailing house and Royal Mail.
- Ensure all brochure cover letters & inserts used in both our daily dispatch as well as bulk mailings to our database are always fully up to date and promote all of our USP's and key messages.
- Ensure printed marketing stock levels are monitored and re-ordered when required. Upon re-ordering ensure we are always getting a competitive and fair price from our suppliers.
- Manage our customer contacts database ensuring accuracy and regular cleansing and profiling.
- Working together with the IT team assist in the selection, implementation and management of our CRM system.
- Oversee all offline advertising, deal with all ad sales calls and brief relevant agencies. Ensure that we are receiving best rates possible on both creative and space.
- Ensure that the creative and the placement meets our objectives and that appropriate campaign tracking is set up and checked before the publication of any advert.
- Monitor and report on enquiries/bookings and return on investment (ROI) for each ad/campaign. Conduct an annual review on our advertising activity and overall ROI.
Events & Exhibitions
- Oversee our presence at exhibitions and events for all products including providing support and assistance to all teams
- Work together with the product team and Marketing Director to produce a client event calendar for the year and manage the marketing, set up, staffing and running of each client event. Including briefing and liaising with the speakers.
- Plan and manage the stand design and layout, ensure that all exhibitor forms are completed within the deadlines and ensure that we are featured in all appropriate show collateral (show guides, websites, press releases etc).
- Oversee all logistics, stand set up, staffing and fulfillment pieces. All working within the confines of our budget and to the marketing plan.
- Ensure that prior to the event there is a discussion with the appropriate product team to asses any specific product objectives and meet with the IT & Logistics team to agree requirements.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job