Digital Marketing Manager
Circa £30,000 to £50,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
The IET are seeking a dynamic and experienced Digital Marketing Manager to create and implement an integrated digital marketing plan and lead on the delivery of key marketing objectives.
The role will cover all aspects of digital marketing projects, developing and championing social media channels for proposition marketing and working closely with the marketing and communications teams to implement digital campaigns. You will also take the lead on an exciting project to deliver the new IET corporate website!
The successful candidate will have experience in leading and managing digital marketing as well as a thorough understanding of customer segmentation and target marketing practices. You will be able to offer expertise on SEO and social media analytics, with the ability to deliver insight through the use of data. Experience in budget management would be advantageous.
You will join a dynamic team that manages a variety of projects and relationships. You will be required to actively participate in the team’s creative success by pitching ideas and demonstrating your problem-solving abilities!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- Manage a team of social media and web specialists.
- Project lead on the development of a new corporate website and partner with IET Communications team on the development of social media marketing plans
- Act as lead / expert on digital marketing activity & engagement, establishing best practices for IET audiences and solutions globally.
- Work closely with marketing colleagues to ensure employment of appropriate analytics.
- Represent the voice of customers using digital channels across IET audiences.
- Working with key markets and international colleagues, develop and share understanding of emerging trends, channels and techniques.
- Develop and offer expertise on SEO and social media analytics.
- Optimise online customer journeys to drive acquisition, retention and engagement.
- Work with CRM Manager to ensure digital channels beyond email are embedded.
- Ensure content marketing through digital channels is embedded and is delivering results.
- Work with CRM Marketing Manager to deliver insight through the use of data and analytics across IET.
- Set and manage budgets as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Extensive experience in leading and managing digital marketing
- Experience in managing and exploiting digital marketing data
- Experience of paid search, SEO, PPC and affiliate marketing.
- Experience of web analytics, goal-setting and conversion funnels.
- Thorough understanding of customer segmentation and target marketing principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of driving direct marketing campaigns using appropriate marketing channels
- Strong ability to think commercially and innovatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both verbally and in writing, including customers
- Ability to build successful relationships and manage stakeholders, internally and externally and at all levels of the organisation
- Highly IT literate
- Ability to present complex information in a way that can be understood
- Demonstrate the IET values of integrity, excellence and teamwork
- Experience of leading and managing a team (either internally or supplier)
- Experience of working in a NFP organisation as well as Commercial
- Experience of Hootsuite Social Media Tools
- Experience of Umbraco Web CMS Tools
- Experience of e-commerce
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Stakeholder Management