Our client is a sucessful family run business specialising in product design and supply of high high end luxury goods and accessories to the Hotel and Hospitality industry.
Currently undergoing expansion - opening new offices in the USA and UAE are on the horizon they now seek a talented product designer ideally you will have a degree in product design or HND equivelent qualification
They are looking for someone to play an essential role in product design for their range of home ware accessories
- research new product opportunities that may benefit the business
- use yourdesign skills and technical knowledge to improve the way that existing products work and look, and/or produce them at a lower cost.
- you may also be involved in designing entirely new products.
- be creative with an eye for shape and colour
- understand different materials and production methods
- have technical, practical and scientific knowledge and ability
- be interested in the way clients choose and use products.
Responsibilities can vary, but are likely to involve:
- meeting clients or colleagues to discuss the design brief
- working closely with model makers, sales and marketing staff
- understanding technology, production methods and materials (such as textiles, metals and plastics)
- working within budgets
- working to deadlines
- researching similar products and developing ideas
- making sketches of ideas by hand or computer, and developing the most effective ideas into detailed drawings using specialist computer software
- presenting their ideas to colleagues and clients at various stages of the design process
- modifying your ideas according to the feedback they receive at these sessions
- making presentations to potential clients in order to win new contracts.
- creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- computer skills:
- Adobe photoshop
- Adobe In design
- Adobe Illustrator ( helpful but not essential)
Be creative and have an interest in accessories would be a bonus
- Able to work on multiple tasks and projects at one time
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and management
- Excellent written English
based in Ruislip, Middlesex the hours of work are 9am-6pm benefits include free lunch daily and free car parking
- Adobe Photoshop
- Product Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job