Electrocomponents Digital vision is to create a £1BN+ digital business at the heart of the group. The digital purpose is to digitally transform our business to provide an unrivalled digital experience for our customers and suppliers. We are committed to making the entire buying cycle easy and rewarding, including upfront research, finding and buying products and after-sales care, so that we unlock their full potential. This digital purpose is a key enabler to deliver the value propositions of both the Electronics and Industrial division.
The primary purpose of the Web Design team is to ensure the local marketing hubs and global marketing teams' requirements are met in terms of design and functionality and to push our marketing to best in class
This role will be responsible for the technical maintenance and development of the onsite campaign CMS system and applications, by using high level professional programming skills and applying innovative best practises. The successful candidate will be a talented web developer with the required technical skills and who can contribute with his/her experience and ideas whilst taking responsibility for the entire building process.
- Works within Digital Marketing team to ensure that systems are working in the appropriate ways and with the highest possible quality
- Together with the Web Design Manager, decides on the best approach to deliver the projects assigned.
- Ensure the customer experience considerations are at the heart of all work.
- Accepts creative input from business owners, and works to accommodate into their work.
- Ensures that all key stakeholders in the project are kept informed of progress, with drafts distributed, validation milestones met and completed work supplied to specification and timescales.
- Development of new templates and any new functional requirements in the Digital Marketing CMS.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of creative solutions and production processes, and functional developments.
- Ensure efficiency of processes, continuously improve production methods and clarity of communications
- Work with Agile teams and Web Designers where necessary to implement front end functionality and improve customer experience
- Practical and demonstrable experience as a web developer for commercial or transactional websites in a medium-large business environment.
- Must be able to create code using the following tools and languages:
- HTML5, CSS3 with latest technologies and frameworks (Less, Bootstrap and others).
- High level of PHP programming.
- Familiar with a Unix/Linux environment.
- MySQL database engine.
- Knowledge of multi device and responsive design
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Up to date knowledge of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
- Self-starter with the ability to identify new opportunities to help meet the overall objectives and work closely with Technical teams to understand opportunities and constraints of digital disciplines.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job