This role can be based in any of our regional offices: Altrincham, Grasmere (Lake District), Manchester, Newcastle or York.
Love brands? Love who we are as the National Trust? We’re looking for someone with vision to join our team on a short term contract. An individual who knows how to get others excited about our brand and the incredible places we care for. This is a great opportunity to showcase your digital marketing and communications expertise as part of our internal consultancy team, using your experience and creativity to make a real difference.
What it's like to work here
The National Trust Consultancy is the home to specialists in every field of our work. A national consultancy, where resources are shared across disciplines and boundaries, it’s proving to be a great repository of skills, talent and experience. The diversity and quality of expertise within the Consultancy will enable our properties and places to benefit from an extraordinary range of creative and innovative thinking, as well as deep expertise in all matters relating to our twin purpose of caring for the nation’s heritage and landscapes, and making these accessible to all.
What you'll be doing
As a marketing and communications expert with substantial experience in digital marketing channels, you’ll bring the freshest, most innovative thinking in your field to help us achieve this aim. You’ll work across the North region supporting our team of marketing consultants to work with their clients developing digital content that supports our ambitions, and making the most of the Trust’s existing digital platforms. You’ll evaluate campaigns, using data and insights to understand what’s worked well and what hasn’t, pinpointing new opportunities, identifying best practice and managing campaigns with a focus on digital.
You’ll advise on digital channels including web, social media and email, understanding how they need to integrate with offline areas such as printed collateral and media relations. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to integrated regional campaigns, using and communicating the wonderful National Trust brand to full effect, to raise awareness of our visitor attractions and conservation cause. You’ll be making a difference at a very local level and across the North. Providing consultancy support to drive innovation and competitive edge ensuring business objectives are achieved. That’s an exciting challenge, and it’s where your ideas and creativity will make a real difference.
You’ll also be involved in managing contentious PR issues across the North region, in particular advising on the role of social media in proactive management of these. You’ll do all this and more whilst ensuring that we continue to place our properties and visitors at the heart of everything we do.
Who we're looking for
This is an exciting role for a qualified marketing expert. In order to be successful you’ll need:
• Significant experience in all aspects of digital marketing across web, email and social media
• Extensive experience of creating engaging digital content and digital marketing campaigns
• The ability to communicate at all levels in a confident but sensitive manner
• The ability to build collaborative working relations with internal and external professionals
• A natural flair for creativity, and be able to share your vision effectively with others
• To be a self-starter, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
• A good understanding of tools and techniques of effective marketing and communication across multiple channels
• The ability to interpret and respond to external and internal research, intelligence and analysis
• Some experience of issues management and not be afraid of dealing with contentious issues through digital media
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking