This is a unique opportunity ideally suited to an engineering/science graduate looking to gain experience and improve skills in the digital marketing environment. Working with a portfolio of clients in the field of laser and engineering. Our client is in Abingdon joining a small team, the role will involve some travel to workshops/conferences. The company also manages a well-established membership organisation with over 250 members.
You will assist in the creation of online content to enhance the company website and those of our clients. Able to write keyword-rich text, and using a Content Management System (CMS) to upload text and images to websites. Knowledge of WordPress beneficial.
You will prepare material for client newsletters and specifically targeted email campaigns using MailChimp, based on text and images supplied.
Social Media Marketing
You will monitor, create and schedule posts for companies on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook as well as sharing news, video and images for clients. You will create reports and information measuring effectiveness for clients. You will monitor clients PPC campaigns (Google AdWords and Bing Ads) and generate reports with a view to further optimising the performance of campaigns. Familiarity with Google Analytics would be beneficial.
You will assist in organising events and exhibitions, booking venues and coordinating the registration of delegates and speakers. Travel to events (typically 5 per year) may be necessary, with occasional overnight stays.
- Experience and/or training in Digital Marketing
- A-Level Physics/Science and/or a Degree in Science/Engineering would be advantageous
- GCSE Grade A or higher in English Language and Maths
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - ability to write B2B marketing text in grammatically correct English
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent team-working skills. Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines, with creativity and innovation to achieve desired results
- A good eye for graphical layout in creating banners, posters or adverts
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe (Photoshop, Premiere) with good keyboard skills
- Photography and digital editing (stills and video) experience with a good understanding of preparing images and video for online or paper publishing would be beneficial
- A knowledge of IT, including familiarity with PC and Apple Mac systems and networks would be beneficial
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Content Management
- Digital Marketing
- B2B Marketing