Shoe Zone, the no.1 value footwear retailer is seeking a Digital Marketer to join our Marketing department at our Head Office in Leicester.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager the role of Digital Marketer will be responsible for the planning, copywriting and execution of all email marketing campaigns to comply with email strategy. Ensuring at all times that the brand name and values are communicated effectively through all forms of email marketing. Additionally the role will also be responsible for supporting the eCommerce team with the design/wire framing of web pages which are undergoing development.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning of all email marketing campaigns following the outlined email plan.
- Brief the Design team or external design agency on graphics which are required for campaigns.
- Building and editing both HTML & plain text email campaigns using email software.
- Testing of all email campaigns to ensure that they render correctly across devices and email clients.
- Schedule email campaigns using email software.
- Maintain database lists to ensure that customer information is accurate and correct, including the removal of customers who have chosen to opt out of email communication.
- Monitor and report weekly/monthly on the performance of individual campaigns and email marketing as a whole using Google Analytics and other tools.
- Continually monitor competitors to ensure we are competitive with our activity and also adopting any new strategies which are being used.
- Liaise with third party email software Account Manager/ Support Team on an on-going basis to deal with any issues or queries which arise and also carry out monthly review meeting/conference calls to ensure performance of campaigns are meeting targets/KPIs.
- Keep up to date with email marketing best practices and ensure that our email marketing activity is it line with them.
- Ensure our email campaigns are fully integrated with our Digital Marketing activity and aimed at engaging our audience, driving traffic to our sites and showcasing our products and our campaigns.
- Understanding our brand and customers to write engaging, informative copy and constantly improve this based on analytics. Website Design/Wire Framing
- Using third party software, wire frame and design web pages as instructed by the eCommerce team which are currently undergoing development.
- Attend meetings with the eCommerce team to discuss new briefs and any current projects progress.
- Analyse and report on recently developed web pages.
- Continual review of competitor activity online, highlighting any new ideas/concepts to the eCommerce team.
- Assisting with user testing and giving design feedback
Any other duties including the following:
- General Digital Marketing admin.
- Creative copywriting for various sources including website, email and blog.
- Complete ad-hoc Digital Marketing task, as requested by the Marketing Manager.
- Departmental holiday cover as required.
We are looking for the following skills, experience & qualifications:
- • A strong interest in email marketing, with previous experience of working in this area.
- An understanding of HTML & Google Analytics.
- Some understanding of UI, UX & responsive design would be desirable but not essential.
- High standard of written English.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to building team spirit.
- Effective communication skills.
- We are looking for an individual who can show they give attention to detail, are hardworking and self-motivated.
- A flair for creative writing and content creation. • You will need to be confident and eager to learn new skills.
- Working as part of the team you must have good interpersonal/communication skills with people at all levels.
- We expect you to be reliable, responsible and honest.
- A qualification in Email Marketing/Marketing or equivalent experience.
- A good standard of Maths and English skills, ideally with GCSE C or above in both subjects.
- Can use Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
In return, we will give you thorough training and a competitive salary and benefits.
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Department
- Google Analytics
- Web Pages
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job