As Digital Innovation Executive you will be responsible for developing and implementing innovation initiatives for the biggest tour operator in the world, including e.g. experimentation in the retail arena, on some of the largest eCommerce sites in the UK: TUI, First Choice & Marella Cruises, etc.
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and technically minded individual to join our Digital Products and Innovation Team. You’ll be working alongside the Strategic Innovation Manager on developing and implementing innovative products and initiatives based on market, consumer and industry trends. You’ll be responsible for the creation of rapid prototypes, quickly delivering proof of concepts to market and adopting a test and learn approach which enables us to understand how these emerging technologies can support customer and commercial growth. The role is suitable for someone with junior to mid-level technical experience who’s looking to grow and develop their skills in a fast paced, commercially focused environment.
Our Innovation Team have a passion for exploring cutting edge concepts and technology, looking at ways to deliver business value whilst delighting our customers and strengthening our position as a forward thinking, digitally innovative travel brand.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. From now on, the broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella will consist of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. This integrated offering will enable us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What you will be doing
The Digital Innovation Exec will:
- Develop proof of concepts and rapidly deliver them to market in order to test their impact.
- Create mock-ups, prototypes, websites, wireframes, apps, etc.
- Use analytics to report on the success of their initiatives and using this information to influence the longer term Digital Product and Innovation strategy.
- Provide insight and analysis to support the development of digital innovation initiatives, through robust analysis of external innovations and trends impacting the business and its customers
- Be a customer champion, putting the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Keep up to date with the latest industry and technology trends and use this knowledge to inform the Digital Product and Innovation strategy
- Work alongside the Strategic Innovation Manager and Technology Innovation Strategist to deliver your various initiatives.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the business to put innovation at the heart of everything we do.
- Manage stakeholder relationships, keeping them informed and up to date with the latest progress of initiatives that may impact their area.
- Cover off tasks that will come up with the delivery of projects (ranges from setting up and running innovation sessions, supporting the blog, etc.)
What we are looking for
- Experience in the creation of mock-ups, prototypes, websites, wireframes and apps.
- An individual who naturally has an outward perspective, is energetic and heavily excited about newest developments of technologies and customer trends
- A creative and innovative thinker with ability to bring new concepts and solutions to life
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal, with attention to detail and ability to challenge and positively influence both internally and externally
- Organised, structured and resilient
- Dedicated to our customers
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- A talented professional who wants to learn, grow and drive their career
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills to drive the implementation of strategic developments through coordination with other business units.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in proactively identifying opportunities and problem solving.
- Excellent commercial acumen and decision making skills.
- Comfortable with working alongside both internal and external stakeholders
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers.
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson, First Choice and Thomson Cruises. Sub brands include Thomson Sensatori, Thomson Couples, Thomson Family Resorts, First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. TUI UK and Ireland’s airline, Thomson Airways, is the UK’s third largest airline with 61 aircraft operating to over 73 destinations in 20 countries. Thomson Airways was the first airline in the UK to take delivery of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner and is flying the aircraft on long haul flights. We employ a team of 13,300 colleagues, serving 5.2 million customers each year.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV