£55k - £70k + excellent benefits
Digital / DevOps / Quality / Continuous Integration / CI / Azure, / AWS / Github / Chef / Docker / Jenkins / Puppet / WCS / Node / React / Angular / Agile
Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
About the role
We're looking for a talented and energetic Digital DevOps Engineer to join our team in Newbury, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern software engineering technologies and practices. As a Digital DevOps Engineer you'll embed our Continuous Integration & Delivery Strategy across our teams, driving the way we build, test, integrate and deploy our products.
Here in the Digital division, we're leading the way across Vodafone in transforming the way we deliver our solutions. Our Digital DevOps Engineers are key players in that transformation, ensuring our strategy isn't just a great aspiration for the way we work, but that it's genuinely driving the behaviours and practices of our teams in everything they do.
You'll be responsible for
- Challenging and improving the operation of our teams, driving their performance and capability to succeed.
- Embedding our Continuous Integration & Delivery Strategy, and ensuring it's driving the behaviour of our teams at every stage.
- Working with the Digital Quality team to refine our automation approach, achieving an appropriate balance of automated, manual & exploratory testing.
- Collaborating with our Quality, Development and Architect teams to put in place the systems, processes and behaviours that allow us to get the maximum possible change velocity.
- Mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices, embedding DevOps behaviours and principles to drive our model of continuous delivery.
- Providing the tools and frameworks to enable our continuous integration aspirations, and the associated behaviours of our engineering teams.
- Ensuring our engineering teams drive their deliveries with quality, continuous integration and automation at the heart.
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience of modern enterprise web technologies, including WCS, Node, React, Angular, etc.
- Experience of CI/CD technologies & tools, including Chef, Docker, EC2, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
- Experience of cloud based platforms & tools: Azure, AWS, Github, VSTS, JIRA, etc.
- An in-depth understanding of modern software engineering/testing practice, tools and techniques.
- Expertise in Automated Testing and Continuous Integration technologies, demonstrating how they have been combined to good effect.
- Experience of the continuous integrations of large scale web and mobile applications in a fast-paced organisation.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.