Digital Delivery Manager - Hove - £75k+
Your new company
High quality, current, and resilient IT systems, tools and capabilities are critical in enabling the business to continue to grow in the Retirement market. The business expectation of IT is increasing, and traditional low-risk models of service provision no longer meet the demands of a business with ambitions to grow its digital footprint, engage its customers online and drive valuable analytics science from the data it manages.
They has an ambitious digital vision that brings both legacy processes into the 21st century but also delivers state of the art technology solutions in our digital workspace and "insurtech" industry.
Your new role
The Digital Delivery Manager will be responsible for the technical implementation and growth of strategic digital solutions within the organisation, the candidate will have the ability to implement solutions that deliver on an agreed digital strategy to achieve our business goals. Innovation and disruption is a key dimension of this role and an individual who is a self-starter and with results driven mind set would best suit the environment and culture.
The right candidate will further enable the business to drive through agility in the business workplace to increase productivity, deliver new digital capabilities in the product marketplace, and improve customer engagement within the retirement industry through mobile, web, and app technologies. Focus areas will be to expand our internal development capability to meet the needs of the business as well as identifying the right 3rd parties to allow the organisation to scale and draw on industry experience to build the future enterprise.
* Manage the effective delivery and continual improvement of strategic digital capability including the implementation of the key foundation components of the digital platform. These include; working with the other technology delivery pillar leads (Data, Integration, A&L and Configuration) as well as building out a core foundation in conjunction with the enterprise architecture strategy including ETL and messaging capabilities.
* Manage ongoing engagement with internal and external customers to drive future demand for digital solutions change. Deliver business benefit and profitability through their digital capability.
* Ensure that IT leadership and directors are aware of potential innovative digital technology solutions. This should include competitor analysis and potential business opportunities that arise from future advancements in digital technologies
* Ensure digital solution capabilities are delivered in line with SDLC and IT Security standards
* Ensure effective knowledge transfer from third parties to in-house teams as applicable and institutionalise skill management practices across the digital delivery team
* Proactively manage analyst and developer team resource capability / capacity in line with known business demand
* Ensure robust management and release processes are in place to support capabilities delivered
* Effective third party supplier and developer engagement to support continued enhancement of capabilities and team development
* Effective operational and service team engagement to ensure a collaborative Continuous Delivery & DevOps capability is in place, including multi source models
* To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Solid hands-on technologist with a background in skills such as Solution Architecture, Software Engineering, Bespoke Product Development, Agile, Distributed team management and DevOps.
- Experience implementing and delivering high level financial services technical deliverables and solutions for customers and internal business users.
- Consolidation of legacy processes into state of the art digital technologies
- Knowledge of financial / insurance asset and liability industries would be beneficial
- Good experience in Content Management Systems (CMS) / Digital Asset Management (DAM) and design
- Solid experience working closely with onshore/nearshore/offshore teams and clients
- Ability to estimate, plan and manage, work with line managers to manage own work and keep within plan, and ownership of third party relationships
- Past experience of working with outsourcing partners
- Experience with cloud and their scaled data solutions would be valuable
- System design and strong understanding of enterprise architecture principles and practices
- Solid development management experience, managing distributed teams and offshore capabilities utilising core languages and platforms, C#, Java or similar would be highly desirable. Or specific platform and framework experience such as Backbase, Unity 3D, Swift, Eclypse or others would also be beneficial.
- Team management experience and working knowledge of Agile delivery principles and methods.
- Sound documentation and communication skills in a client / customer facing environment
- A strong technical aptitude, with a business solution focus
- Proficient in problem solving with investigative and numeracy skills
What you'll get in return
As well as a competitive salary, excellent location and working environment and the chance to work with an employer of choice in the area, there is a highly desirable benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Software Engineering
- ETL and messaging digital technology SDLC and IT Security Solution Architecture
- Bespoke Product Development
- Distributed team management and DevOps. Content Management Systems (CMS) / Digital Asset Management (DAM)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job