DIGITAL CONTENT MANAGER - A rare opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly expanding media company based in Norwich. The Digital Content Manager will be a bright, driven, well organised, creative and commercially minded person with previous experience managing and motivating a team.
The right person will have at least 3 years working in a fast paced digital and social media environment with a great understanding of Adobe programmes specifically; Photoshop, InDesign and Premier Pro.
Attention to detail should be second to none, and the person must possess the constant hunger and ability to publish amazing content which people engage with. Whether the purpose is to entertain, educate, inform or inspire we strive to build meaningful and emotional connection with our followers. It will be your responsibility to ensure highly engaging content is published across our digital platforms, including the digital titles we publish (including The Student Pocket Guide and The Travel Pocket Guide). The Digital Content Manager will manage the editing, production, and promotion of all digital magazines, and will take the lead in building new strategy to expand this production to a wider audience.
Role and responsibilities:
- Lead digital editorial and content strategy.
- Set the direction and tone for digital content, ensuring all content is on brand, in keeping with the mission, and of the highest editorial quality.
- Manage and develop the digital editorial team; hire, train and develop content staff.
- Plan, prioritise and oversee the content team, contributors and organise / improve strategies to enable higher user engagement.
- Plan, prioritise and oversee timely production process for 17 regional editions of The Student Pocket Guide, The Travel Pocket Guide and more titles as we continue to expand as well as our socials.
- Oversee editorial balance between features, news, advertising and layout the magazines to ensure the a consistent balance between advertising/content is consistent.
- Proof read and edit all magazine articles and website content.
- Find creative ways to expand the reach of all content through social media, external publishing platforms, and/or partnerships.
- Work with distribution partners to maximise reach and sharing of content.
- Assist in creating sponsored digital content, when required.
- Keep a constant awareness of new emerging technology and content distribution methods aiming to be ahead within the digital arena.
- Strong digital experience.
- Exceptional leadership attributes.
- Strong generator of ideas.
- Team player - be able to work well in a small team.
- Efficiency to carry out tasks quickly and using own initiative.
- Great sense of humour - understanding what grabs people's attention.
- Familiar with analytics and SEO.
- Ability to work with multiple teams across departments and to manage parallel projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to build new social media strategies and research new ideas for the website.
- The clients core audience is 16-30 - it is therefore essential that the digital content manager is in-tune with what this age demographic.
- Negotiating skills.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious editor/manager to join an aggressively expanding, hungry media company.
If you think you have what it takes to be the Digital Content Manager please apply now!
Due to the high demand for this role we cannot guarantee a reply if you are unsuccessful.
- Content Management
- Digital Channels
- Content Strategy