Digital Content Intern Nesta Internship Programme
Job title: Digital Content Intern (Communication Department)
Salary: London Living Wage London Living Wage £10.20 per hour - £382.50 per week
Location: Blackfriars, London
Term: (6 months) Fri 5th October 2018 to Friday 5th April 2019
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 per week
Deadline: 10pm, Saturday 1st September 2018
To Apply: See Below. Apply through this link only, any applications made to Nesta directly will not be considered.
Nesta is looking for an Intern to join its Digital Communications team to help us promote our work in creative, exciting ways through our digital platforms with a primary focus on our social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and Instagram. .
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working in a fast-moving communications environment with an excellent digital team that has a strong focus on high-quality digital production. You will be working with us during an exciting time as we have recently launched our new Nesta website and are focused on utilising the new ways in which we can present digital content. .
The role will suit someone who is passionate about online communication and presenting complex ideas clearly and compellingly. It will also suit someone who has multimedia production and social media marketing skills.
The role will primarily involve supporting the digital team in creating engaging content for our social media accounts, including assisting with keeping social media channels updated and seeking out new ways to connect with audiences via social media. . Other tasks may involve, assisting with video production for social media, handling content requests for the website and website updates from around the organisation.
As with any communications role at Nesta, the successful candidate will be exposed to our wider research and practical programme activities, providing an opportunity to experience the many facets of Nesta's work.
- Provide assistance to our Social Media Officer including planning and delivering social media campaigns for our events, programmes and research - this will involve monitoring social media accounts, creating designed assets for social media campaigns, helping with paid marketing and analysing results of social media campaigns
- Assist the Digital Team with website updates and content requests from around Nesta
- A passion for digital communication, ideally with some experience working for a public-facing editorial website
- A good understanding of and demonstrable expertise in social media content development and delivery of social media campaigns
- A good understanding of, and demonstrable expertise in, editing copy for online audiences
- Strong eye for detail, with great copywriting and meticulous proofreading skills
- Experience of managing online content through a variety of website CMS platforms such as Drupal and Wordpress
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programmes such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in small teams
Nesta is a global innovation foundation. We back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time.
Our mission is to spark and shape new ideas that improve how the world works for
everyone. We use our knowledge, networks, funding and skills - working in partnership with others, including governments, businesses and charities. We are a UK charity but work all over the world, supported by a financial endowment.
- We see - we spot opportunities in challenges
- We spark - we generate novel ideas to solve big problems that matter to everyone
- We shape - we provide the help needed for promising ideas to grow and adapt
- We shift - we join with others to back world-changing ideas
Application Process -
1. Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
2. All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London's Internship Team.
3. Once the Internships team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
4. Successful candidates will be notified of the application process and the next stages
All applications for all of the Internship vacancies at Nesta will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Nesta ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Nesta directly may be missed in the application process.
- social media content
- digital communication
- proofreading skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'