We are seeking a Digital Communications Manager (Content & Publishing) that will be responsible for the content of our website and the publishing of all corporate and policy information.
The role’s core purpose is to ensure that the website contains accurate and engaging content relevant to its users at all times, and that the organisation can publish large volumes of documentation efficiently.
- Digital content governance (e.g. establishing content taxonomies, archiving policy, publishing protocols).
- A website publishing service that manages the release of thousands of documents and data sets each year.
- The accuracy and relevance of content in the structural pages of the website, and the appropriate classification and tagging of all publications.
- A training and support service for a community of approximately 80 devolved content providers across the organisation.
- Delivery of all change projects on our website, from single page to large scale updates to the website’s information architecture (IA).
- Heading up the website content team within Digital Communications, involving line management of two Digital Communications Officers
Key Outputs & Deliverables
Own and constantly improve our content management activity as follows:
- Governance - define our publishing processes and our approach to issues such as content taxonomies, classifications and archiving
- Compliance - ensure the consistent, practical application of our approaches and processes, including the appropriate tagging of all published content. The core deliverable is a content body that ranks highly for findability against defined KPIs (including qualitative user satisfaction metrics and quantitative analytics metrics such as search exit and refinement).
Ensure the accuracy and relevance of content on all structural pages on the website by:
- Running a programme of constant audit and updates to remove broken links and spelling errors
- Identifying information owners for all pages and ensuring systematic contact and update to prevent content degradation
Ensure an efficient publishing function as follows:
- Run a training & support service to a community of approximately 80 content providers from across the organisation
Ensure the timely publication of all content within defined governance parameters, including but not limited to:
- Several thousand document releases per year
- Many dozens of complex data releases per year
- A wide range of corporate communications outputs including press releases and blog updates
Essential Skills & Capabilities
- Demonstrable and advanced expertise in website governance, with a focus on the curation, classification and publishing of large volumes of digital content.
- Demonstrable and advanced expertise in managing publishing processes on CMS-based website platforms, including via team management and delegation.
- Experience of using a wide-range of CMS functions for the building of content - IA pages and sections, charts and data, tabs, tables, video and infographic embeds and so on. Basic understanding of HTML is a minimum requirement.
- Ability to evaluate on work against meaningful KPIs and to constantly monitor and report on effectiveness; interrogation and interpretation of performance data, both qualitative and quantitative, is a given.
- Advanced understanding of writing for the web and building content against a range of requirements and standards, from plain English to search engine optimisation (SEO) and accessibility compliance - attention to detail must be exceptional.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job