Our client a global 1st tier automotive supplier are looking to recruit an experienced Die Maintenance Technician to join their expanding team.
As a Die Maintenance Technician, you would be providing a service and support to the Press Shop, repairing press tools in a busy maintenance department.
Salary will start at £26,811.96, increasing to £28,223.04, (following successful completion of probation period).
This role is based on a 3-shift pattern, which adds 22% shift allowance to the basic salary.
Overtime is also paid at a competitive rate.
- Diagnose tooling problems at press call-out and potential repair of the tool at press.
- Carry out maintenance repairs and refurbishment activities on press tools.
- Modifications and improvement activities on the press tools.
- Record/document die performance and quality concerns regarding the repair details on maintenance reports.
- High standard of house keeping.
- Working in a safe and orderly manner.
Ideally, you will be a time served Toolmaker from a press tool making background, or have experience in mechanical engineering biased. This includes troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution of technical problems. Knowledge of tool/press setting and operation is advantageous. A good attitude, flexible to challenges and possible changes is essential. Also must be prepared to work shifts and overtime.
You will need to have experience in the following disciplines:
- Experience using various hand tools for grinding.
- Stoning and polishing of tool steels.
- Operation of manual milling machines.
- Operation of lathes and drilling machines.
- Operation of surface grinding machines.
- Knowledge of TIG, Arc and MIG welding.
- Experience of precision measuring equipment.
- die maintenance
- die maintenance technician
- die maintenance engineer