Our client is a leading force in North East’s automotive manufacturing sector. Due to an increase in production they are now looking to recruit an experienced Die Maintenance Technician.
- Working in the pressing die maintenance department as part of a team on a 3 shift system, the successful applicant will be required to:
- Carry out trouble shooting/maintenance activities within the press shop production area including safe and effective working within production presses.
- Carry out die maintenance / refurbishment and modification activities on press tools used to produce structural steel panels.
- Direct liaison with production staff over press tool breakdowns and performance / quality issues.
- Identify and resolve such problems by carrying out necessary repair action on line in order to maintain production when necessary.
- Document die performance and quality concerns in appropriate log, together with diagnosis and repair details.
- Apply and complete standard check lists.
- Check markings/surface damage.
- Clean off oil and grease and inspection of outside of die.
- Die tool making background including:
- Experience of grinding, stoning and small machine operation.
- Experience of precision measuring equipment.
- Press tool try-out background, including troubleshooting and resolution of technical problems, try out of press setting and operation.
- Ability to work under production pressure and make effective problem diagnoses and repair in a timely manner.
- An approved time served apprenticeship is preferred.