Solutions Recruitment are delighted to be working with a Tier 1 Automotive supplier based in Tyne and Wear to source a Die Maintenance Team Leader on a permanent basis.
As a Die MaintenanceTeam Leader, you would be providing service and support to the Press Shop, ensuring the timely repair of press tools in a busy maintenance department.
- Diagnose tooling problems at press
- Overseeing maintenance repairs and refurbishment activities on press tools
- Highlighting improvement activities on the press tools
- Driving 5’s principles
- Ensuring work is progressed efficiently and safely
- Communicating with other departments to ensure work is prioritised
- Conducting staff appraisals
- Ideally, you will be a time served Toolmaker from a press tool making background, with previous experience at team leader level. This includes troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution of technical problems.
You will need to have experience in the following disciplines:
- Team leader role / management
- Experience using various hand tools for grinding
- Stoning and polishing of tool steels
- Operation of manual milling machines,
- Operation of lathes and drilling machines
- Operation of surface grinding machines
- Knowledge of Tig, Arc and Mig welding
- Experience of precision measuring equipment
- Good attitude, also flexible to challenges and possible changes
- Must be prepared to work shifts and overtime
- The role offers a very attractive salary based upon a 3 shift pattern. Overtime is also available at enhanced rates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job