Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Our client is currently seeking a hands-on Security Engineer to join their Digital Engineering Team to help secure our cloud infrastructure, network, and applications vital to supporting our growth.
They are looking for people who want to make their company platform safer for users around the world. If you are experienced in cyber security with a particular interest in the web and mobile side of things, they’d love to hear from you.
Given the dynamic nature of the role, learning and growth are primary goals.
Attitude is just as important as experience with a particular set of tools. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together, and the client is looking for colleagues with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can talk accessibly with other people of varying levels of technical expertise.
This challenging yet exciting Security Engineeropportunity will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with development, operations, network, testing and others to identify security gaps and harden our applications, networks, and servers against exploitation.
- Working to identify areas of security weakness. This could mean manual penetration testing or bigger projects that provide some automation for finding vulnerabilities.
- Improving data security through use of encryption/key management, segregation, or other techniques.
- Finding ways to improve defense-in-depth.
- Manage the adoption of tooling and industry best practices among development and operations teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise on network and systems security.
- Lead the technical implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorisation, network security, data security, security operations and intelligence.
- Leverage DevOps tools to support continuous integration and deployment pipelines to maintain and monitor security tools to ensure maximum availability and reliability.
- Collaborate with other engineering & business teams to execute against the vision and roadmap.
- Influence your colleagues about the right way to build and operate secure software
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, or comparable experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a comparable security oriented role
- Solid understanding of cryptography, authentication, authorisation, security protocols, and security vulnerabilities.
- Solid foundational knowledge of technologies around network security including Linux,
- PKI, DNS, load balancing, IPSec, TLS and HTTP
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile application security
- Working knowledge of network elements such as WAFs, Firewalls and Routers
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools and penetration testing techniques (e.g. web application proxies, packet capture analysis software, browser extensions, advanced penetration testing, source code analyzers, SoapUI, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of the digital threat landscape and experience with attacks and mitigation methods
- Experience of working in a compliant environment: ISO/PCI•
- Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Relevant security certifications will also be an advantage
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTubevideo: [Relocation to Gibraltar and working in the Online Gaming industry] youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=xj1f92a2ksU
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to Castle Hill Recruitment, or apply here on Reed.
If you have any further questions regarding working in Gibraltar, and living in Gibraltar / Southern Spain then please contact us.
- Network Security
- Software Development
- Information Security
- PCI DSS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job