• Helping to develop automated integration platform and defining best practice
• Administration of Linux servers, delivering a complex web app/middleware
• Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to internal team members with the
goal of the internal team being self-sufficient in a planned timescale.
• Asset and Configuration Management
• Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring
that key system is regularly analyzed, maintained and improved.
• Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices
we can adapt and share our experiences.
• Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so
• Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous
• Develop approved technical standards, and the platform design and promote
reuse, make progress towards the future state architecture, simplify the technical
environment, and reduce the cost and timeframe of development.
• Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are
thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be
maintained over the long-term
- Experience configuring and managing / System administration of Linux servers for serving web/integration development, testing and production services
- Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and the relevant tooling i.e. Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of factors influencing performance and ability to tune systems to achieve best possible performance and capacity
- Experience with Release and Configuration Management processes
- Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
- Experience managing and deploying on Cloud-based platforms
- Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Excellent environment management, automation, and scripting skills e.g. shell or PERL scripts
- Cloud Storage
- Shell Scripting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job