Position; DevOps Support
Salary £35,000 to 42,000k plus package
We are seeking a talented and passionate DevOps to be situated in the Group IT Infrastructure Team to support and closely work with the IT Development Teams. Primary duties will be to ensure the system platform, applications, code release and system performance are fit for purpose and of the highest quality. It will be essential to be highly motivated, analytical and advisory for the evolution and increased efficiency of all development systems. The right candidate will be able to help shape DevOps within the organization to become a core part of the Group IT department.
- Accountable for the quality and availability of releases into the Test and Live environments.
- Increase the level of release automation within the organisation.
- Actively participate in analysing and fixing any issues related to applications or environments.
- Design, develop, Implement and evolve our monitoring frameworks and other production focused toolsets to ensure highest levels of availability and error free processing and engage and actively participate with Product development on this.
- Keep up-to-date with the current best practices and tools available in the DevOps community
- Define and capture qualitative and performance metrics relating to the build and deployment process
- Actively monitor applications and environments and take pro-active action to avoid outages.
- Participate in scheduled release activities of business applications, potentially outside business hours and in different locations where required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Attention to detail and appreciation to documentation and following process
- A strong background in deployment automation and configuration management, ideally Chef or Ansible but any major framework is fine.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with PowerShell / Bash and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server, IIS, WCF and Windows Services
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP, DNS, firewall and load balancing as well as traditional Infrastructure
- A basic understanding of ServiceNow would be a beneficial
Experience with build and release automation
Experience with setting up, configuring and administering build/CI tools
Experience with provisioning tools, ideally Puppet
Experience with virtualized environments
Experience with VSTS, TFS or GitHub
Experience with continuous delivery and continuous deployment
Experience of working with highly scalable distributed systems
Experience with utilising cloud infrastructure for build and test
Experience with all aspects of the ALM
Experience working in a team and in a high paced environment