My client is a software specialist who provide solutions for e-commerce retailers. They have a large team of frontend, backend and devops engineers and are looking to expand their resource in DevOps engineering.
All systems are cloud based, specifically in AWS. Frontend pages are built using AngularJS and backend systems use lightweight Java frameworks (JAX-RS)
The Devops team then manage and deploy these using Cloudformation and Puppet.
We're looking for either a developer who can manage servers or a system admin who can code. You will be required to practice "infrastructure as code" - deploying immutable servers on distributed infrastructure.
You will work in a team of smart and passionate people, helping to design, deploy, optimise and administer the internal platform.
Day to day activities will revolve around delivering a consistent and reliable platform, by administration of systems, working on maintenance and dealing with issues as they arise.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Linux system administration (Fedora / Centos distros)
- Configuration management (Puppet / Chef or similar)
- Amazon Web Services
- Jenkins and Git related Experience
- Docker / Kubernetes
Beneficial but non-essential experience:
- NoSQL Databases, (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Understanding of SSL
- Solid understanding of DNS and Internet architecture
- ElasticSearch, Solr Cloud / Zookeeper Experience
- Java server applications Experience
- Load testing & benchmarking
- Understanding of CDN technologies
- AWS certification
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job