Norwich / within commutable distance to Norwich
We have a vacancy for a DevOps lead to join our team here at Aviva. This role sits within Global IT Platforms, within the Data Platforms team. They are accountable for ensuring the platform cloud services are available in line with the wider demands of the business.
The team is responsible for the provisioning, supporting & maintenance of the strategic Analytics & Data Science platforms across Aviva. Servicing business areas and teams that span across the entire region of the Group.
This is a key role within the Data Exploitation & Analytics Tooling team. This role will manage a team of DevOps engineers, ensuring that our Data Exploitation & Analytics tools are kept up to date in line with Aviva's Cloud Hosting Standards. This will include the likes of AMI compliance, vulnerability management, technical debt remediation and technical application configuration
Key aspects of the role include:
- Line Management responsibility for a team of DevOps engineers
- Responsible for ensuring the high availability of the application toolset, driven through architectural design, monitoring & alerting & delivery of service improvements
- Drive continuous integration & automation across the toolset
- Ensure AMI compliance across all the Data Exploitation & Analytics Tools
- Accountable for the delivery of Application Upgrades, in line with a defined release schedule
- Provide technical leadership & guidance to the team, embedding best practices within the team
- Be accountable for the technical infrastructure designs, leading on any future advancements in architectural changes
Skills & experience required:
- Strong experience in using & deploying AWS Cloud services
- Strong Knowledge of Jenkins, Terraform, Packer, PowerShell & Unix
- Experience with both Windows & Linux OS
- Able to balance long-term direction and necessary short-term goals
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, to be able to provide technical guidance to peers and project colleagues
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management
- Experience in working within an Agile methodology
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £40,000 - £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call onor send an email to .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'