Voted by staff and customers as one of the best places to work in the UK and a Top 100 employer; our client is a global Tier 1 consultancy involved in leading cutting-edge commercial projects to public service transformation throughout the UK. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their successful, stable, and growing team. This can be working from home.
The Company considers employees as highly valued members of the business and offer an extensive benefits package plus fantastic progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national, or global scale.
Working from home with occasional expensed travel
£70-80K plus extensive benefits package
Due to the secure nature of this work all applicants will be required to gain UK Security Clearance to at least SC level. You must have been resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years and cannot have been outside the UK for more than 28 days on any one occasion within this time.
To be successful in this role:
You will be an experienced DevOps Engineer with a mix of "soft" and "hard" skills. We are looking for strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written) as well as tooling and technical skills which will include good Azure experience. Other requirements for this role include:
- Being a good team player who is happy supporting colleagues throughout sprints or software iterations. We are looking for the skills to mentor and advise team members on the best ways to deliver code through a pipeline, what tools to use and how to test the latest features
- A good working knowledge and competence in Agile
- Passionate about automation and continuous improvement
- Extensive and detailed understanding of automation technologies (such as build, configuration, test, deployment, delivery, monitoring)
- A systematic and thorough approach to work; identifying deficiencies, while also maintaining a balance between process adherence and pragmatism, engaging with the project team accordingly to maintain this balance
- Comfortable in a working from home environment
- AWS / Azure certifications desirable but not essential
Other desirable skills for this role include as many of the following as possible:
- Azure / AWS
- Terraform / Terragrunt
- Azure ARM Templates
- AWS Cloud Formation / Code Star
- Docker / Kubernetes / AWS EKS
- Jira / ServiceNow
- AWS CloudWatch / CloudTrail
Our client is looking for DevOps Engineers with significant professional experience, to work as part of cloud-native software delivery teams for clients across multiple industries.
You will be working from home as part of close-nit teams with Software Developers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Cloud Architects, Security Specialists and so on with the same shared objective; rapid, continuous delivery of high-quality code. DevOps engineers are the engine that makes the team function, enabling practitioners through automated tools, testing, orchestration techniques and communication to satisfy their customers.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Work closely with colleagues, mentoring software developers, architecture teams and operators within an organisation to teach them how to deploy software that is easily scalable
- Work as a cross functional engineer as part of an Agile team
- Collaborate with IT and security teams to ensure quality releases
- Create and manage virtual environments
- Analyse and automate existing processes
- Engage with clients, or their representatives, to understand underlying requirements
- For more senior candidates; Clearly communicate the characteristics of the Dev Ops Lifecycle, being able to advise what good looks like and supporting and guiding junior members of the team
The company is highly regarded within the industry and is one of the largest and most successful independent technology & business services firms in the world.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will have access to an annual bonus plan and share scheme making you a member not just an employee. You will also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme. This role is also working from home.
- Software Development
- Windows Azure
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'